Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Event ID 18 from source SiteMinder Agent cannot be found error on Windows 2012 R2 server and with IIS 8.5

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:37 AM

Hi I have application on Windows 2012 R2 server and with IIS 8.5. This is the only application hosted on this server. Job of this app is to after assertion it redirects to my application portal in another server.

Once in a month IIS stops responding a i'm receiving the below error in event-log only once 

The description for Event ID 18 from source SiteMinder Agent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Web Agent version: 12.52.107.2259

During error if i try to hit the url it throws me 500 error in the browser. If i reboot the server everything becomes normal. 

Please guide me fix this issue

• 2.  Re: Event ID 18 from source SiteMinder Agent cannot be found error on Windows 2012 R2 server and with IIS 8.5

Posted Oct 18, 2017 03:42 PM

Deepak

I am unsure what that error means. But here is what I'd do, if we are sure that it reoccurs at a regular interval.

Comparative Checks

• Does this combination work anywhere else in your environment? If Yes, compare the configuration of the working setup VS the one with the anomaly.

Enable Monitoring

• I'd also enable process memory monitoring to see if LLAWP process memory is stable (i.e. not leaking memory & growing in size).

Enable WebAgent Tracing

• Enable WebAgent Trace logs. In Addition to exist default components, Add the following components to the WebAgentTrace.conf : AgentFunc, Agent_Con_Manager.
    • NOTE : you can also set ACO parameters TraceFileSize and TraceFilesToKeep; to ensure logs do not fill your partition. Compute a best value for TraceFileSize and TraceFilesToKeep based on the size of the drive where logs are being written.
    • Enable TLI logging. OPTIONAL. Error Logs and Trace Logs - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Enable IIS Tracing.

Tracing | Microsoft Docs 

Collate the logs and stats. Then try to see if we could derive a pattern.

Regards

Hubert

• 3.  Re: Event ID 18 from source SiteMinder Agent cannot be found error on Windows 2012 R2 server and with IIS 8.5

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:39 PM

It looks to me that LLAWP is crashing.

I would suggest capturing the crash dump along with the other logs that Hubert suggested above.

But crash dump is probably the most crucial here.

You can configure it to capture crash for LLAWP.exe and/or W3Wp.exe

Using DebugDiag to capture a dump on First Chance Exception – Unleashed