Could you please help me with the installation process for SM Admin UI. It looks pretty straightforward from the SM docs but I am facing issues with the install.
I am trying to install in Linux environment.
Below is what I have done :
1. Unzippied the SM Admin Prerequisite & the actual installer in the same location
2. Layout.properties is also in the same location
3. Run the prerequisite installer without any issues
- T&C Accepted
- Install path is provided (for ex, /opt/ca/adminui)
- Hostname and port details provided.
4. Actual Installation: I have run the actual installer
- It has prompted for installation path again and I have given the same path what I have given while installing the prerequisite i.e, /opt/ca/adminui - LET ME KNOW IF WE NEED TO PROVIDE ANYTHING ELSE HERE
- It prompted me to select the application server from the list of servers i.e, jboss, weblogic etc. I am not sure why it is even prompting me this option. Prerequisite installer will actually install the jboss server and it should take that server by default right ?
- It prompted for JBOSS server path. I am not sure what is the exact path I should provide here
- It prompted for JDK path as well? I was under the impression that it will also be installer as part of the prerequisite installer and I am not sure why is it prompting here again.
- I am sure something isn't correct here as I have never seen these many prompts when I have installed in windows machine some time ago.
Please let me know your thoughts. Appreciated !
Actually, on step 4 the installation should not ask you for a install path, it should detect the pre-installation being done before.
I would check first if the user has enough permissions and would also ensure to satisfy the requirements as per the install guide. I would also ensure your OS is supported as well: R12.52 SP1 PSM
If running on a supported platform, with enough privileges and requirements are met, then you could try if the same occurs in another server.
I hope it helps.
Can you share zip of install_config_info directory ?
Please let me know if anyone of you can share your thoughts on this.
Thank you for your email. I have checked the prerequisites for the installation again and I think I have met the prerequisites but I am still observing the same behavior.
Yes, I have tried in other server and it worked absolutely fine. I am not sure what is missing in the server I need to install the product.
I haven't completed the installation as I have prompted for the details like install path, JRE Path etc during installation. I have tried to install in other server and it never prompted for these details during the installation.
I am not sure what is missing in the server I need to install the product.
are you still having this issue ? please open a case with CA support so we can work with you on this