Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 26, 2017 12:49 AM

Hello Everyone,

Could you please help me with the installation process for SM Admin UI. It looks pretty straightforward from the SM  docs but I am facing issues with the install.

I am trying to install in Linux environment.

Below is what I have done : 

1. Unzippied the SM Admin Prerequisite & the actual installer in the same location

2. Layout.properties is also in the same location

3. Run the prerequisite installer without any issues 

- T&C Accepted

- Install path is provided (for ex, /opt/ca/adminui)

- Hostname and port details provided.

4. Actual Installation: I have run the actual installer 

- It has prompted for installation path again and I have given the same path what I have given while installing the             prerequisite i.e, /opt/ca/adminui   - LET ME KNOW IF WE NEED TO PROVIDE ANYTHING ELSE HERE

- It prompted me to select the application server from the list of servers i.e, jboss, weblogic etc. I am not sure why             it is even prompting me this option. Prerequisite installer will actually install the jboss server and it should take             that server by default right ? 

- It prompted for JBOSS server path. I am not sure what is the exact path I should provide here

- It prompted for JDK path as well? I was under the impression that it will also be installer as part of the          prerequisite installer and I am not sure why is it prompting here again.

- I am sure something isn't correct here as I have never seen these many prompts when I have installed in             windows machine some time ago.

Please let me know your thoughts. Appreciated !

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Please let me know if anyone of you can share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Gopi

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 27, 2017 06:43 AM

Hi Gopi,

Actually, on step 4 the installation should not ask you for a install path, it should detect the pre-installation being done before.

I would check first if the user has enough permissions and would also ensure to satisfy the requirements as per the install guide. I would also ensure your OS is supported as well: R12.52 SP1 PSM 

If running on a supported platform, with enough privileges and requirements are met, then you could try if the same occurs in another server.

I hope it helps.

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 30, 2017 12:18 AM

Hi Fernandez,

Thank you for your email. I have checked the prerequisites for the installation again and I think I have met the prerequisites but I am still observing the same behavior. 

Yes, I have tried in other server and it worked absolutely fine. I am not sure what is missing in the server I need to install the product.

Thanks,

Gopi.

• 5.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 29, 2017 11:45 PM

Hi Gopi,

Can you share zip of install_config_info directory ?

• 6.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Posted Oct 30, 2017 12:20 AM

Hi Ujwol,

I haven't completed the installation as I have prompted for the details like install path, JRE Path etc during installation. I have tried to install in other server and it never prompted for these details during the installation.

I am not sure what is missing in the server I need to install the product.

Thanks,

Gopi.

• 7.  Re: SiteMinder Admin UI Installation - R 12.52 SP01 CR04

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 03:35 PM

Hi Gopi,

are you still having this issue ? please open a case with CA support so we can work with you on this 

Best Regards

Joe