Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  configure dynatrace agent

Posted Aug 25, 2016 02:09 PM

Has anyone figured out how to add a dynatrace agent to their JVMOptions.txt file in SiteMinder?

They ask to add a line like the following:

agentpath:/opt/uem/dynatrace-6.3/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name= SiteMinder_Policy_SiteMinder_QA_123,server=myserver.mydomain.com

I've tried adding it as -Djava.agentpath=...,  but when I start the policy server, it does NOT show up in processes running under java

#dynatrace

• 2.  Re: configure dynatrace agent

Posted Aug 25, 2016 06:53 PM

Hi,

Is dynatrace referring to Application Performance management tool? If that's correct, I presume the dynatrace is the custom agent.

There is no -Djava.agentpath by default.

Try to add the path under

-Djava.class.path

If it's not working, you might need to check with dynatrace on the format to put in JVMOptions.txt.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 3.  Re: configure dynatrace agent

Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:00 PM

Hi,

Did anybody figure this out? We are also facing similar problems.

Tried:

-Djava.agentpath=

• 4.  Re: configure dynatrace agent

Posted Sep 27, 2016 03:36 PM

No, we have not come up with a solution.

We had a teleconference call with engineers from Dynatrace and they could not come up with any solution either.

What I id confirm with CA is  that the JVMOptions.txt is NOT used at startup, so trying to modify it anyway is in vain.

" The JVMOptions.txt file contains the settings that the Policy Server uses when creating the Java virtual machine that is used to support Federation Web Services. SAML 1.x, SAML 2.0, and WS-Federation use this file." ..

• 5.  Re: configure dynatrace agent

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:31 PM

This is only partially correct. Yes, it is true that Policy server doesn't load JVM (and read JVMOptions.txt) at the startup.

It loads JVM only the first time when any java related features are invoked. This is not limited to Federation web services, could be any other Java specific functionality like Custom Java auth scheme, Custom Java active expression etc.

• 6.  Re: configure dynatrace agent
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:32 PM

That said, Dynatrace agent can't always assume that Policy server will load JVM in the first place.