Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Password policy after upgrade

Posted May 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Hi,

I upgraded an agent from r12 SP3 to r12.52 SP1. The policy server is r12.52 SP1 but the policy store is r12 SP3.

The agent is on iPlanet and the OS is soalris for both the web server and the policy server. Policy store is oracle.

Before the upgrade, the password policy redirect was set to smpwservices.cgi. It is still set to the same after the upgrade.

When the user goes to change password and enters a password that doesn't match the policy, it shows the default CA smpwservices page.

However, when the user does this in a non-upgraded environment, it shows the change password screen again without any error messages. This is the desired behavior.

Do I have to change anything in the password policy after the upgrade to r12.52SP1?

Regards,

Anand.

• 2.  Re: Password policy after upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2016 03:59 PM

okay it seems after an upgrade to r12.52 SP1 agent, the smpwservices.cgi calls the PWnnChangeMismatch.template instead of PWChangeMisMatch.template.

Once I updated the PWnnChangeMismatch.template to match what was in PWChangeMismatch.template, this worked as expected.

Regards,

Anand.