Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA sharepoint agent meaning

Posted May 20, 2017 04:17 AM

Hello All,

I have installed and configured Sharepoint agent 12.52.0.142  (Windows 2012)  integrated with Policy server 12.52.sp2.(This is in different server)

1.I am not sure how can I validate if all looks good. (Logs looking good).

When I hit SpURL:Port

it gives internal server error.Unable to process request.

Also Please let me know main purpose of CA sharepoint agent? And how can we test in VMs?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA sharepoint agent meaning
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2017 06:34 PM

Hello - I'll try to address both questions here. However, the first one regarding the " internal server error.Unable to process request." may need to be addressed on a ticket. 

This message could be related to several causes, a frequent cause is the their is an issue with the agentname/defaultagentname in the ACO for the agent.  

Policy Server Requirements for Apache-based Servers - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

AgentName
    Defines the identity of the web agent. This identity links the name and the IP address or FQDN of each web server instance hosting an Agent.
    The value of the DefaultAgentName is used instead of the AgentName parameter if any of the following events occur:

• The AgentName parameter is disabled.
    • The value of AgentName parameter is empty.
    • The values of the AgentName parameter do not match any existing agent object.

The purpose of the SSO Agent for SharePoint is to project MS SharePoint Servers. 

The SSO Agent for SharePoint sits in front of the SharePoint server as a proxy device. 
    However, there are added features for intgration into SharePoint as a "Claims Provider" to SharePoint. 

Introduction - CA Single Sign On Agent for SharePoint - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Does this help?

Kind regards,
    James Atchley