Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Posted Mar 22, 2016 08:38 AM

Hi,

I want to change the installation path of Siteminder in the Windows server which has Apache webserver and R12QMR3 version of siteminder installed. Is it possible (without uninstall and reinstall)?

1) If yes, does modifying the below will work?

• Environment variables:
      • ETPKIHOME
      • NETE_WA_PATH
      • NETE_WA_ROOT
      • Path
      • R_SHLIB_LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    • Registry:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\netegrity\Siteminder Web Agent\Current Version\Location
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\netegrity\Siteminder Web Agent\Current Version\SM_DEFAULT_HOST_FILE

2) Please let me know if I have to modify any other variable/registry entry as well.

3) Is there any other way to achieve this(if possible)?

Regards,

Dhilip

• 2.  Re: CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:24 AM

I havent tried this so I am not sure how well this works. For the Apache web server, you may need to modify the following files in addition to the environment variables and registry settings:

- httpd.conf file: module and alias section

- webagent.conf file

You can try this on non-prod setup but I would not recommend this on a production setup.

• 3.  Re: CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Posted Mar 23, 2016 02:48 AM

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I forget the basic files. I hope I will get an opportunity to test this behavior in a week. Will keep you updated.

Regards,
    Dhilip

• 4.  Re: CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2016 10:49 AM

The correct and supported method would be to uninstall the web agent and then re-install the web agent.  The CA SSO/Siteminder components can be located in the Windows Registry and the file system using Windows Explorer.

[Windows Registry]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Netegrity\SiteMinder Web Agent\CurrentVersion

Location = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64

SM_DEFAULT_HOST_FILE = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\config\SmHost.conf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Netegrity\SiteMinder Web Agent\Microsoft IIS

configfile = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\bin\IIS\WebAgent.conf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CA SiteMinder Web Agent

DisplayIcon = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\CA.ico

InstallLocation = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64

UninstallString = "C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\install_config_info\ca-wa-uninstall\uninstall.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Netegrity\SiteMinder Web Agent

Location = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win32

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Netegrity\SiteMinder Web Agent\Microsoft IIS

configfile = C:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win32\bin\IIS\WebAgent.conf

============================================================

[File System]

C:\Program Files\CA\webagent

• 5.  Re: CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Posted Mar 25, 2016 05:44 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this useful registry details.

But is it possible to change the installation path without uninstall and re-install? Does changing these registry entries, environment variables and necessary files will work?

Regards,

Dhilip

• 6.  Re: CA SSO : Is it possible to change the installation path of Siteminder in Windows (without uninstalling and reinstalling again)?

Posted Mar 28, 2016 04:50 AM

This is not supported. If you choose to do so, please do at your own risk and test in the lower environment first.

Uninstalling and reinstalling takes all up 10 mins, I don't see a point worth going through this route of unsupported configuration.