Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  WAM UI issue

Posted Apr 09, 2015 03:52 PM

Hi,

In our environment we have two policy servers, both the policy server writes to same policy store. . Each has their own wam UI. If we do any changes from WAM UI 1, we can see same getting replication to WAM UI 2, but we do any changes through WAM UI 2, it is not getting replicated to WAM UI 1.

Can any one let me know if you faced similar issue and how to fix this?

Regards,

Vikash

• 2.  Re: WAM UI issue

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:21 PM

• 3.  Re: WAM UI issue

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:23 PM

Let know if you have any question on these settings. The Settings need to be applied on both Policy Server's.

Make sure all components in an SSO are in time sync (WAM UI's, Policy Server's and PStore)

Regards

Hubert

• 4.  Re: WAM UI issue

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:45 PM

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for reply.

I have cross verified all the timing and all are in sync.

I did checked from xpsexplorer and saw the changes are correct in both the policy server. Only the WAM UI is giving trouble and not showing correct data.

Regards,

Vikash

• 5.  Re: WAM UI issue

Posted Apr 09, 2015 04:52 PM

Vikash Vikash.Singh

Do not get carried away by XPSExplorer. XPSExplorer has its own Cache which is build everytime we execute XPSExplorer i.e. XPSExplorer makes a direct connection to the Policy Store.

The Policy Server Cache is different from XPSExplorer Cache and the way Policy Server Cache gets refreshed is totally different from XPSExplorer Cache.

Hence it is not a good way to confirm Policy Server Cache updates by looking at XPSExplorer.

The Policy Server cache is updated only via Server Commands.

I would recommend to start increasing the value of "ServerCommandTimeDelay" in both Policy Server. You'll need to take of which setting to apply i.e. whether it is ServerCommandTimeDelay or MaxDeltaBetweenServers depending on the Version of Policy Server being used.

Regards

Hubert