Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Automatically update partnerships when entity or templates change....??

Posted Dec 05, 2014 10:35 AM

Ok, hopefully I'm not missing something really obvious here.....But is there any way to have changes to entity or context template to be automatically pushed to the partnerships? Having to require admins - who only have GUI access - to deactivate, click 'get updates' and reactivate is really painful and slow.Especially with templates that can apply to 100 or more partnerships it could take hours just clicking through buttons for an admin.

• 2.  Re: Automatically update partnerships when entity or templates change....??
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2014 11:42 AM

Hi Chris,

With the current partnership model, one would be required to "Get Updates" manually for each partnership.

I understand it can be quite a task to update hundreds of partnerships in the manner you presented.

I recommend going to the Ideation community page and presenting this Enhancement Request.

Please go to the following link and click on "Ideas" or "Create Idea"

https://communities.ca.com/groups/ca-single-sign-on-and-authentication-ideas/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~category[ca-single-sign-on]

Thank you,

-Alex

• 3.  Re: Automatically update partnerships when entity or templates change....??

Posted Dec 05, 2014 03:14 PM

Yeah, I was afraid that was the case. It's along the same silliness line as requiring a manual update after changing an entity, having to deactivate to modify (why oh why) or having to select the verification certificate when I already told it what SP to use (which their metadata contains all that info...).

Managing hundreds of partnerships is very difficult with the current state due to such a huge disjoint between partnership -> entity -> context template -> cert store. Would be nice to have a simple happy union of all of them.

As it is there's so much clicking, having to create copy active/re-activate to avoid an outage, get updates, apply update, confirm, submit, test, and move onto the next. It almost makes using the context templates useless, cause once you use it across a bunch of apps you better never change it or plan for 2 weeks of coordinating updates with the app owners .

Will look into any ways to do this...cause manually updating a ton of them would be very very painful.