Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 07, 2013 12:23 PM

When is 12.51 going to be officially released? Are there any 12.51 FAQs available yet? Other 12.51 material, webcasts, etc?

• 2.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 22, 2013 01:57 PM
    HELLO? Is anyone out there, or is it CA policy to ignore posts requesting information?

[size=6]What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?[size]

• 3.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 28, 2013 01:21 PM
    [size=6]Delayed another 4 weeks. NICE GOING CA! How long before you delete this thread?[size]

• 4.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 28, 2013 02:00 PM
    [font=Arial]Hi,

I can't speak for the Product Managers or Support at CA but can respond to the deleting of threads here on the message boards. We do not delete any threads unless they are obvious duplicates or go against the MyCA Communities Code of Ethics. I have included it below for reference.

Regards,
    Chris

CODE OF ETHICS
    Community leaders and members are requested to help ensure that the group is focused around knowledge sharing to better enhance the user’s deployment, implementation and usage of CA Technologies’ software. Any product related questions, problems or issues which the group is unable to address should be brought to the proper technical support or services contacts, and then escalated to the Communities Team for follow up as appropriate.

Community leaders and members are expected to act in a professional manner and be respectful to others, their property, and any proprietary information which may be discussed. All community members will refrain from illegal copying, exchange or distribution of copyrighted materials or software. All community members will not use the group names, activities, or other members’ names in an inappropriate or unethical activity that would result in either personal or professional gain for themselves, their employers, or their own businesses. Community members must uphold the laws regarding licensing and restrictions applicable to commercial software and between their company and CA Technologies.

Violating the Code of Ethics may result in membership termination from the CA Technologies’ communities. CA Technologies sets out the terms and conditions of your use of our services in the Terms and Conditions agreed to when registering for MyCA. Some of the key things to remember are:

You may not abuse, harass, threaten, or advocate violence against other members or individuals or groups.

Stay on topic. Although some groups hold different standards, most groups appreciate it when you stay on topic. If you constantly stray from the topic you may be moderated or removed from a group altogether by the leaders of that community.

You may not use this community for commercial or advertising purposes.

You may not post content which infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.

CA Technologies reserves the right to remove content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and/or in violation of our rules and the agreed upon terms and conditions when registering for MyCA.[font]

• 5.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 28, 2013 04:05 PM
    Well, that's good to know. Of course "CA Technologies reserves the right to remove content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate " covers a broad spectrum. But it's nice to know that just because someone voices displeasure that it will not necessarily be removed.

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?

Posted Mar 28, 2013 09:58 PM
    IMO, although this forum is CA sanction, this is after all, a community forum where people that have experience with SiteMinder come to share ideas, knowledges, tips & tricks. the forum needs positive contributors, positive ideas. i'm here to learn from others and to pick-up tricks to further my knowledge (and hopefully fatten my wallet), and contribute what i can to the community. However, I have observed that CA support personnel has been contributing a great deal of knowledge just to keep this forum going instead of the product users.

There are questions that CA can't answer about their product as their competitors are certainly lurking, and IMO, this is normal. After all, this is not an official channel to annouce such. it would be either their web site, or "may be" via engagement relationship (ie, support contract) that they would be obligated to give you the info, but then, it would be under NDA. And if you are working at one of the company that have NDA with CA, would you jeopadize your paycheck by letting the secret out in this forum?

i hope the person that you named is non-existence, but if she's not, would not get in trouble if the release date is under NDA.

T.

• 7.  RE: What is the official release date for SiteMinder 12.51?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 10:26 AM
    Just to close the loop on this old thread. SiteMinder 12.51 is GA. In fact, 12.51 CR01 can be downloaded from the support site.