Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi

I'm having a little problem.

I applied the HOTFIX for Additional Datastore Metrics for VMware API Adapter , Tech Tip: HOTFIX for Additional Datastore Metrics for VMware API Adapter 
    And after that, my Data Sources do not change from Migration Scheduled. I have already restarted the Tomcat CCC Service and it still continues the same thing.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thank You

Luciano Salino

• 2.  Re: Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:36 AM

Luciano,

I have seen this before... at this time I cannot recall the solution.  Please open a case with support, so we don't fail to get you a solution.

I will research my notes to see if I can find you the answer,

David

• 3.  Re: Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status

Posted Apr 23, 2018 11:50 AM

It is possible that those jobs are taking MUCH longer to migrate than expected.

Migration is SINGLE Threaded, so if one job is Migrating then everything is working correctly.

Check the "CCR" Migration Performance Report to see which have completed, and Drill-in to that report to see if the Duration of the Migration has changed from what it was before adding the new metrics.

David

• 4.  Re: Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 01:19 PM

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your reply...

Today I saw all Migration Scheduled worked, I don't know but it worked.

But I noticed some VMWare Datasources there are low data migrated, before to apply the hotfix, it pulled a lot of data.

I suspected this case: VMware API data source does not pull any metric ro - CA Knowledge  but I saw that there is no evidence in the log about RestrictedbyAdministrator.

Luciano

• 5.  Re: Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2018 02:06 PM

My error, I should have mentioned that this is the update you need to add the ability to pull metrics via API without that 1024 metric limit fix...this update includes more than just the new metrics... it allows you to pull all the metrics you need.

Tech Tip: VMWare API Consolidated Patch CCC 2.9.4 

David

• 6.  Re: Migrate Data not changes Migration scheduled Status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi David,

Thank you very much. It's working very well.