Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can i create a new message queue name in UIM and have the new UIM connector connect to the new message queue.

• 1.  How can i create a new message queue name in UIM and have the new UIM connector connect to the new message queue.

Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:15 AM

Hi All,

Description:- We have an activity in our DC according to which we have to upgrade our existing 2008 to 2012. Our SOI servers are also in the list, since they are hosted on 2008 servers. My plan here is to build a fresh environment. Building fresh 2012 servers and installing SOI 4.2 latest application onto that. Also i want the environment in cluster. Once the environment is build, restore all the customization's on the new servers and move it in production. Problem Statement:- I want to keep the old SOI environment and new environment alive and in production parallel for almost 1 month, so that i can check if everything is going smooth.

I know UIM is capable of sending alerts to 2 different SOI environment but How can i create a new message queue name in UIM and have the new UIM connector connect to the new message queue?

Thanks

Ankur

• 2.  Re: How can i create a new message queue name in UIM and have the new UIM connector connect to the new message queue.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:22 AM

Hello Ankur, refer to the "Configure CA UIM Connector" chapter in the UIM Connector documentation

https://docops.ca.com/soi-connectors/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-uim-connector-3-9-0/configure-ca-uim-connector

Configure the Message Queue in CA UIM

Configure the message queue on both the Primary Hub and Secondary Hub machines for the connector to start successfully.

Follow these steps:

1. From the Infrastructure Manager, select and expand the primary hub.
    2. Select the robot that is running on the primary hub and expand it.
    3. Select 'Infrastructure' and select the hub probe.
    4. Double-click the hub probe to open the configuration tool.

5. Select the Queues tab on the configuration tool.

6. Click New to create a message queue.

7. Perform the following steps on the New Queue window, and click OK:

• Type Catalyst or any other name for the QueueName.

• Select the Type as 'attach.'

• Leave the Address blank.

• Type "alarm_new,alarm_update,alarm_assign,alarm_close" in the Subject field.

• Leave 'default' value in the Bulk field.

Configure CA UIM Connector

After installation, you can change the connector properties that you defined during installation and can edit other properties to refine the connector behavior or adjust to changes in the integrated product.

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the following location on the connector server, and open the Nimsoftconnector.xml file for editing: 

CA\Catalyst\CatalystConnector\registry\topology\physical\<HOSTNAME>_CatalystConnector\modules\configuration

QueueName
    Specifies the queue name that is created in CA UIM.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support