I have to restart CA SOI servers, Including SAM, UI etc. Need suggestion if there is a specific way to restart the services of applications.
A quick assistance would be highly appreciated.
You may follow this sequence…
1. Stop Manager, UI & all connector services
2. Start only ‘CA SAM Application Service’ & ‘CA UCF Broker’ (‘CA SOI MQ Service’ service should started first if this is SOI 4.2) on SOI Manager
3. Check SOI Server startup status on the manager debug page (http://<SOI<http://%3cSOI> Manager Host>:7090/sam/debug) -> Triage Tests), once SOI manager initialization completes, then start remaining services on the Manager
4. Now, check ‘Queue Monitor’ page on the Manager debug page and make sure all queues are normal
5. Then start one connector at a time(check queue monitor and make sure all queues are normal), this is to ensure no performance hit on manager
6. You may start UI right after Manager is up
Hope this helps.