Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Change the Reports URL Properties

Posted May 16, 2017 03:23 PM

Hello,

So we have SOI available publicly thru our DMZ box. We then setup SOI Reports and that's running on say soilabrpt1 box. In SOI MGR configuration settings the reporting box entry is:  soilabrtp1 and it works and is configured. 

The issue is that externally now the soilabrpt1 box isn't known so we had to create a new public DNS entry and that points to our dmz server. Is there a way that I can modify the 'report' server link in the SOI - UI so that it uses the public DNS soir reporting box we created? I don't want to modify the SOI MGR's Reporting entry since its using the host name.

So currently SOI LAB:

SOI UI > Administration > Report Configuration:  soilabrpt1  << which is the soi CAB server host name.

Externally when clients hit out public SOI page, if they click on the "Reports" tab or if they click on the graph on the Dashboard page, their browser tries to load soilabrpt1 which is unknown.

What I want is to change this so that the URL's points to the public dns entry we created so that any traffic that is directed to the known public DNS we created for reporting. That way any traffic that hits our DMZ server and is looking for say "soireports" will redirect the traffic to the internal SOI Reporting box. 

Does anyone know how to do this? Need to know which files on the SOI UI box can I modify to physically enter the public dns url string. 

• 2.  Re: Change the Reports URL Properties

Posted May 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Anyone have any ideas here?

• 3.  Re: Change the Reports URL Properties

Posted Jun 06, 2017 01:57 PM

Erik_BresnihanPeteBennett either of you have any insight into Dan's question? Thanks Sue Mac

• 4.  Re: Change the Reports URL Properties
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Dan,

Since you have a support case on this we are going to close this thread.

Thanks

Shaheen