Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA SOI not showing alert user attribute via SoapUI

• 1.  CA SOI not showing alert user attribute via SoapUI

Posted Sep 19, 2016 07:14 AM

Hi , 

I cannot show alert user attribute via SoapUI and i already try hereTech Tip : The Alert User Attributes are not returned when using the REST API get alert call. 

the result is alert user attribute is not showing.

i want to show my user attribute :

anyone knows how to show it?

BrahmaMichaelBoehm

• 2.  Re: CA SOI not showing alert user attribute via SoapUI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 04:57 PM

Hi,

There are few reason why you get no values returned for the REST call you are making, please verify the followings

- On your SOAP UI resource field I can see that you haven't provided the alert id associated to the alert. You'll find this alert ID on the console and to get it you'll have to select the column "Alert ID with Domain ID". Copy the alert ID and paste it in to the resource field so that it looks like as rest/alert/< the alert id with domain id copied from SOI console>

- You also need to make sure the header contains the Content-Type mentioned in the Tech Tip document you were referring to. Here is a screen shot from my test result, notice in lower left hand corner I have the header Accept with value  "application/vnd.ca.soi.api.v2+xml", this should be your content type.

- In my test I saw the same result that you were getting and found that I was getting a authentication error because my EEM server was down and my SOIUI + SOIMGR both were having problem, once resolved my REST call returned the result with the userattribute value.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: CA SOI not showing alert user attribute via SoapUI

Posted Sep 19, 2016 11:21 PM

Thanks it's work