Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page

Posted Apr 21, 2017 07:08 AM

In the QueueMonitor on the Debug page, you can see the Queue-buildup when starting up SOI Manager.

I have excessive queues under "AlarmGlobalUpdates" and "AlarmUpdates".  Where does these numbers come in the Queue? I have all my connectors stopped, yet these numbers keeps increasing.

Something is definitely not right and I don't know where to start looking for it. (The activemq-data folder is empty)

• 2.  Re: Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:20 PM

Hi Madelaine, how long did you wait till after you stopped your connectors that these sections are still building up? I know if things are really busy and your DB is slow this used to take a while for me to but after we updated the DB to run on extreme IO, this doesn't happen any longer. 

• 3.  Re: Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page

Posted Apr 25, 2017 01:29 PM

This was my production area and it normally started up within 25 minutes! Then I didn't even have to stop the connectors. At this stage, there's not a lot of alarms to process. So SOI doesn't have to 'work that hard'.

I rebuilt my SOI Manager from scratch, but not the UI. When I started my UI, I noticed alarms coming in to the GUI. All my connector services are in a stopped status and when I rebuilt the manager, created a new database. So there is only 2 places these queues can come from. Either the EventStore on the connectors (which I doubt as the services are stopped) or the GUI itself. (....SOI\SamUI\solr\data). I see now that file is 6GB big!!  Need CA to confirm this though.

• 4.  Re: Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page

Posted Apr 25, 2017 01:46 PM

Confusing stuff!! I had the wrong UI open !!

But that still leaves me with the question. Where does the numbers in the Queue Monitor come from?

• 5.  Re: Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 07:46 AM

Hello Madelaine,

can you please open a support case for this please.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

Principle Support Engineer

CA Support

• 6.  Re: Queue Monitor on SOI Manager Debug Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2017 10:34 AM

HI Madelaine,

We will mark this communities thread as closed since a support case is being proposed/worked.

Thanks and regards,