Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Nimsoft-SOI Integration

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi,

I have integrated Nimsoft 8.4 with SOI 4.2. Some of the alerts generated at nimsoft end, are not frowarded to SOI DB.

This seems to be synchronization issue, but prior to it,is there any way to identify that generated alert has been forwarded to SOI or NOT? . May be a flag indication in DB or else some other way? please suggest.

• 2.  Re: Nimsoft-SOI Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Sheik,

Did you check if the missing alerts show in the SOI Console? You may take "nimid" value from UIM Console for these missing alerts and then add 'Source Alert ID' column to SOI Alert Console and then search with this "nimid" value.

If the alert doesn't show up in the console, check if this is happening for a specific pattern of alerts like

=> "Severity = Information or Minor"

=> Do they belong any specific probe

I would also suggest to go through USM Connector troubleshooting steps as mentioned at below page...

Troubleshooting CA UIM Connector - CA Service Operations Insight Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let me know if this helps, if you still see any missing alerts after referring above wiki page, please raise a support case

Thanks

Brahma

• 3.  Re: Nimsoft-SOI Integration

Posted Jul 17, 2017 12:32 PM

Hi,

please let me know the steps to configure UIM connector for south bound operation. This might help me to clear alerts from both SOI and UIM if i clear it from SOI.

• 4.  Re: Nimsoft-SOI Integration

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:34 PM

rkalidh87 From all the recent posts you make it sounds like you were thrown into a SOI & UIM project w/o any prior basic knowledge or understanding of either product. Suggest reading the Wiki for each product so you know the basics, the architecture, watch the videos before asking very obvious questions. Just googling your question points you to the right wiki page on the CA Wiki site: LMGTFY 

Configure CA UIM Connector - CA Service Operations Insight Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation