Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  eHealth Data Adapter

Posted Sep 10, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi Team

I was looking at the eHealth Data Adapter XML file and i noticed something. The following query queries the eHealth DB to list the servers or "system" in eH terms.

SELECT z.name

FROM nh_element z

WHERE element_type IN

(

SELECT element_type FROM nh_base_elem_type WHERE base_elem_type = 'system'

)

When these items are discovered, eHealth appends -sh at the end of the host-name and then saves it as name in the DB hence when this query is executed, the host-names come as server01-sh.  My question now is, if we edit the XML file and replace name with sys_name across the whole XML file to get the actual name without the -sh at the end, what effect will this have on the collection of data. See below for example of the edited query.

SELECT z.sys_name

FROM nh_element z

WHERE element_type IN

(

SELECT element_type FROM nh_base_elem_type WHERE base_elem_type = 'system'

)

Regards

David

• 2.  Re: eHealth Data Adapter

Posted Sep 23, 2015 06:00 PM

eHealth: I know we've had this problem in the past (where our eHealth data adapter adds "adornments" to server names).  I'm not sure what we've done to work around that naming issue.

Tivoli: We also have a similar problem with our Tivoli data adapter.  Tivoli seems to add prefixes and suffixes to server names:

UNIX- ret2a250v:KUX
    Linux- ret1l018v:LZ
    AIX- ret2a384v:PX
    Windows- Primary:RET4W1759V:NT

We are hoping that the next revision of our Tivoli data adapter will be corrected to remove the extraneous suffixes and prefixes.

• 3.  Re: eHealth Data Adapter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 04:27 AM

Hi David

if you still have problems with the ehealth adapter on this topic

Please raise a support case ,so we can investiget the impact

Gr Dirk