Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9

Posted Jul 29, 2015 06:01 AM

Hi

I am planning to upgrade CCC to version 2.9 and just wanted to find out if my DB space constraints will have a negative effect on the upgrade. Below is a snapshot of my current tablespace usage. And when I attempt to do the upgrade,the application asks for an installation directory. Should I create a new v 2.9 installation directory or should I use the old CCC 2.6 Installation directory. !

DB Space.JPG

Regards

David

• 2.  Re: Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9

Posted Jul 29, 2015 07:54 AM

Any comment gents. SurendranathKS, limro02

• 3.  Re: Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9

Posted Jul 29, 2015 10:44 AM

David,

If I read your report correctly it appears some of your tables were created in the "USER" table space.  If this is true and they are active in that table space because of the "Default" setting of the UserID for the schema...then your upgrade may fail.

You may do best to start over with 4 table spaces and set the Schema owner ID to default to the first Table Space.

Then reinstall CCC 2.9 into the new blank tablespaces.

David

• 4.  Re: Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9

Posted Jul 31, 2015 06:57 AM

Hi David

Luckily the upgrade was successful with no reported issues. My pln now is to move the correct tables to the Data Mart Table. I have looged a case with support to help me with the correct tables.

If you do have any knowledge on which tables need to be moved, Please advise.

Regards

David

• 5.  Re: Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2015 08:36 AM

Hi David

At one time, it was a requirement to upgrade to a new install folder name (by default the version number is included in the install folder name).  I do not know if this is 100% necessary for the latest releases but I still adopt that same policy just to be safe.  My personal preference would be to perform upgrades of the App Server in-situ, but I don't believe that is currently supported by the installer.

About your tablespace, and assuming I can decode the meaning of DM_I1 / DM_D1, etc. , you have > 3GB available for the index tablespace and > 60GB spare for data tablespace (assuming you have space in the file sytem to autoextend to the Max limit) and also plenty spare in your staging tablespaces too.  By coincidence, I have recently successfully upgraded from CCC 2.6 to 2.9 with ~3GB / 5GB availability in the main index and data tablespaces.  This is not a cast-iron guarantee but I would not expect to see any issues with the upgrade due to your current tablespace constraints.

It would be in your interests to do a little bit of space auditing and tidying up of your DB and I would recommend doing this on a regular basis anyway.  There are many factors that can influence that, and more knowledge of your environment and primary use cases would be needed before making any explicit recommendations, but the thing that raises the biggest flag is the constraint on the main datamart index tablespace.  If I were you, I'd be looking to see what is consuming all the space in the index tablespace and taking action from there.

I think I recently posted the DM_Tablespace DA and associated CCR reports - did you get that set up and running?

HTH,

Adrian

• 6.  Re: Upgrading CCC from 2.6 to 2.9

Posted Jul 31, 2015 06:51 AM

Hi Adrian

Thanks for the response and yes I did manage to get the DM_Tablespace DA working.

Regards

David