Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on

Posted Jun 01, 2016 05:50 PM

So we have SOI integrated with our Helpdesk System and on the HelpDesk system side there are a few different ticket status that are considered closed. How do we add those custom status' into SOI's   Tools > Help Desk Configuration > General Tab, Available/Selected Status list? I see no way to Add the status I need SOI to detect as a matching status.

There also needs a tweak to this HD Configuration. What we are seeing is if someone "Completes" a ticket w/in the HelpDesk system SOI then detects this and then Closes the Alert with the Specified custom status its set to within the Help Desk Config GUI. There needs to be a check box that says to SOI only set the ticket to this status if the alert was cleared from the Domain Manager side. If the ticket was closed/completed from w/in the HD side, then just clear the alert but don't re-change the HD Ticket status to the "Auto Change Trouble Ticket Status when alert is cleared change ticket status to:  "******" value.

• 2.  Re: How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on

Posted Jun 03, 2016 06:09 AM

Hi Daniel,

regarding your first topic:

The configuration is kept in the database, table HelpDeskConfiguration.

There are rows for every type of HelpDesk (order by HDType).

The different states for Auto-Clearing Alerts depending on the ticket status are in the row starting with <root>.

Find the block <hlpdsk-ticketStatus>.

You will see a <status>-block for every status that shall be considered, such as <status>Closed</status>.

I added my own value <status>MB Closed</status> to this block.

Following a restart of SOI (to read the DB tables) the status was shown in the UI as well.

What I was not able to test is, if this is also picking up the value from the ticketing system properly (I don't have different states in my ServiceDesk other than the default).

Possibly you have a test system where you can test that.

I know this a "DB Hack", so be careful what you do.

Regarding the second topic:

I agree that this is a loop condition that should be configurable:  When the ticket is closed, the Alert is closed, which triggers the ticker status change.

I suggest you open an Idea for this.

MichaelBoehm

• 3.  Re: How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on

Posted Jun 09, 2016 02:29 PM

DanielBlanco  Hey Dan, let us know how you made out on this.. also, if you did create the idea it would be great if you can link to it here... thanks so much! 

• 4.  Re: How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2016 04:11 PM

Hi MelissaPotvin, I did not yet try out what Michael suggested but I did open an idea. Here is the idea thread: SOI & HelpDesk Integration: Need way to add new status matching

Thank you.

• 5.  Re: How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on

Posted Jul 18, 2016 04:38 PM

The second Idea thread for the auto clear loop:  SOI Tweak Needed: HD Integration needs closed check added

• 6.  Re: How to Add Custom HelpDesk Status entries to AutoClear on

Posted Jul 21, 2016 10:36 AM

Hey Dan, because you opened the ideas i'm going to close this question out. will want anyone following this thread to go see your ideas and vote. hope you are ok with this..