Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Server utilisation reports in CCR

Posted May 18, 2016 07:20 AM

Hi There,

I am just starting using CCR as our new capacity management toolset and I am very much excited about it.     

I have came across a requirement from one of a team in our account. They want the CPU and memory utilisation raw data for all the servers for last 3 months. In other words, they want server utilisations in below format for both CPU and memory. I know we can export the data for one server but how can I do it for multiple servers? Is this requirement feasible to be catered from CCR or CCC? If not, then what is the best way I can fulfil this requirement?

Server NameDate 1Date 2Date 3
    Server 1
    Server 2

Regards

Vikas

• 2.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2016 11:52 AM

what do you mean "raw data"?  That normally means the non-aggregated data - ie, the data that is fed into the tool, rather than the statistically summarized data.  Can you clarify?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Posted May 18, 2016 12:03 PM

Hi Robert,

By saying "raw data", I mean the data which is being used by CCR to generate the graphs on the console. I can see two kinds of data in CCR after selecting a server. One is daily aggregated data (such as in Daily CPU utilisation trend graph) and another one is 5 mins data (such as in Memory utilisation graph). I think by saying statistically summarized data, you mean the daily aggregated data. Am i correct? I have taken these two graphs as an example which I can see on CCR console once any server is selected for analysis. So, my question is, is there any way to extract the same kind of data for multiple servers in one spreadsheet?

Please let me know if I am still not clear in my question.

Regards

Vikas

• 4.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2016 03:10 AM

You can always hook excel directly into the Oracle schema using JDBC ... if you want data in Excel, why not use the native Excel functions?  Then you have full choice over which data tables/views you refer to?

• 5.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Posted May 26, 2016 05:15 AM

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. So, if I understood you correctly then from tool front end, there is no option of doing this (exporting data for multiple servers) but we can do it directly from database. Am I correct in saying so? If yes, do you have any queries which I can directly run on CCR database to extract this kind of data? Can you please share it with me?

Regards

Vikas

• 6.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2016 01:29 PM

You're right.  There design of capacity management and CCR reports does not consider that presenting the raw data to be important - instead it is only the summarized / statistical views that are given in the CCR report. So, for your purpose, I would suggest using Excel data connection. Now, the full schema details are available from the Data Manager help - or via support (in one of the DM versions, the link was removed). You will need some understanding of SQL to be able to extract the data you want - for example, if you want to select data for only a particular set or group of servers, it is likely you will need to join a few tables/views together.

• 7.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Posted Jun 09, 2016 01:33 PM

Vikas, did this answer your question?  if yes, please mark it as correct otherwise we will keep it open and continue on with the discussion...

• 8.  Re: Server utilisation reports in CCR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:05 AM

Provided client with example query to pull the data by sql in support case