Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  CA UIM Connector Duplicate CI's?

Posted Aug 31, 2015 05:16 PM

Hello, just wondering if anyone is hitting this issue where you are getting duplicate CI's created for the same machine from w/in UIM/Nimsoft? I am implementing the TenantID property because we were getting multiple CI's that had same IP mapped to the same CI in SOI thus causing an issue. So the TenantID property when correctly filled out, should avoid this mapping to the the same CI from really distinct different robots. But now I'm seeing the same robot created multiple times w/in SOI saying its from Hub 1 and Hub2.

What I think is happening is that Robot 1 is being monitoring from under Hub1's netconnect probe, but Robot1 is really reporting up to Hub2. Anyone know how to avoid this and correlate this robot1 instance to the single CI in SOI?

• 2.  Re: CA UIM Connector Duplicate CI's?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 04:44 AM

Hello Daniel,

If you have not raised any support case yet, please do so and Support team will look into this case.

However, there are few enhancements being made in the new UIM connector which will be available soon to address similar problems. The ETA for this connector is not available yet.

Regards

Brahma

• 3.  Re: CA UIM Connector Duplicate CI's?

Posted Sep 10, 2015 05:34 AM

Hi Dan,

can you please describe the scenario and technical structure of the Robots a little more in detail to get a better understanding of the situation.

MichaelBoehm

• 4.  Re: CA UIM Connector Duplicate CI's?

Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:14 PM

Hi Michael, I sent you an email today regarding once badly correlated CI w/in my SOI environment.

Basically CI - A has two instances of itself in SOI and A' properties has properties of CI - B appended to it.

Has anyone successfully use the CI WebView re-correlate button successfully ? It partially worked but not perfectly..