Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Service Models and Tenancy

Posted Feb 05, 2016 01:37 PM

I am creating a Tenant aware solution for Service Providers.  I have successfully managed the setting of tenancy for all objects being brought in by the various connectors by leveraging the TenantID attribute.  This has allowed me to construct tenant specific views based on objects brought in from the connectors along with any corresponding alarms.   However, when i started to build out Services it appears as though the TenantID attribute is not available.  It appears that the only way to associate a Service to a Tenant is to construct a customer.  As such establishing a tenancy based solution requires setting up two completely unrelated attributes.  Furthermore when i attempt to isolate Service based alarms to a Tenant specific Alert queue, the Customer that the service is associated with does NOT APPEAR to be exposed, thus preventing from building Tenant specific Alert queues.

Am i missing something or has a completely different mechanism been established to set Tenancy at the Service level and if yes, how do i create a tenant specific alert queue using OOTB capabilities.

Thanks

, Greg

• 2.  Re: Service Models and Tenancy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2019 10:08 AM

Hi Greg, SOI does not fully support Multi-Tenancy. Please refer to the documentation for possible approaches you can implement.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-operations-insight/4-2/en/installing/installation-planning/specialized-deployment-scenarios

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

Technical Support

• 3.  Re: Service Models and Tenancy

Posted Feb 07, 2019 10:56 AM

Hi Greg,

Trying to follow you here. You want to build out a Customer SOI customer login that has a Services view and also have an Alert Queue specific to that customer's devices and alerts that hit the SOI console. 

The alert queue can have the following two attribute properties to achieve this using 

I created a Service called "Customer_1"

and defined a new Users > group called Customer_1. Gave access to the Customer_1 service and the customer_queue:

When that user logs into SOI they see the Service I created and the Alert Queue which shows the alerts w/in that service as well as all Alerts who's Tenant ID matches what I specified.

Is this what you were trying to do?