Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 06:21 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into whats new about SOI v4.0? I hope the documentation will state this b/c I didn't hear anything about this release with regards to new features.

I am just really hoping they added the "Alert Cleared By Who" column in the cleared alert history table in the Alert Queue's Information/History section.

• 2.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 02:41 AM

I think we both have the feeling that this wont be the case

• 3.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:53 AM

Following is the "New Features" chapter from the Release Notes (SOI 4.0 Wiki):

Security Update

• CA SOI supports Java 8 and Tomcat 7.0.62 to handle POODLE vulnerability.
      CA SOI 4.0 supports Java 8 and Tomcat 7.0.62, which have an option to disable SSL v3 and enable TLS 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2. The upgraded Java and Tomcat versions prevent the cryptographic security breach. Click here to know more about the POODLE vulnerability.
      If you installed the CA SOI 4.0 components in Windows 32-bit systems, visit the Installation Troubleshooting section to configure the 32-bit system.

Alert Management Features

• Display or hide the progress bar when you take action on alerts.
      Click Global Settings of the server you want to configure in CA SOI Insight Manager Configuration and define the visibility of the progress bar when you take action on alerts.
    • Infrastructure Alerts added to the Alert Queue that is send to SOI Enterprise Manager by Domain Connector.
      The alertQueueAsFilterForEnterprise and allServiceAlerts properties are available in the CA SOI Administration tab after you install the CA SOI domain connector. Now, in addition to service alerts, infrastructure alerts are also sent to the SOI enterprise manager.

Improved UIM Integration

• Flexible CI support is available in CA UIM connector.
      User has the option to map CIs in the CA UIM connector in addition to the CIs which are available by default with the connector. CI mapping is configurable with this connector release.
    • Windows Authentication mode introduced to connect to database during the CA UIM Connector installation.
      When install CA UIM Connector, you can connect to MS SQL Server database through the Windows Authentication mode. However, install JDBC drivers. See CA Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM) Connector Guide for more information.
    • Queue name for the CA UIM connector can be configured by the user.
      User can configure the queue name for the CA UIM connector. The limitation of having the fixed queue name “Catalyst” is removed.
    • CA UIM Connector provides Maintenance Mode Southbound Functionality.
      When a CI is set to maintenance or production mode in CA SOI, the status is updated and visible in CA UIM. User can also configure the maintenance schedule duration in the UIM connector which is updated in CA UIM.
    • Extended alarm mapping.
      All the UIM alarm attributes are available to the user for mapping them with the CA SOI alarm attributes.

• 4.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:46 AM

Thank you Michael.

Could you please provide the link to the SOI 4.0 Wiki? I have changed the Version number from the link to SOI 3.3 Wiki but had no success :-)

Regards

André

• 5.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 05:14 AM

The link from the SOI Dashboard or Console is: http://wiki.ca.com/rest/ca/product/latest/topic?hid=HID_SOI_HOME&space=SOI40&language=&format=rendered

A different thread on the community (see https://communities.ca.com/message/241829070#241829070) mentions that the documentation should be available as of today.

MichaelBoehm

• 6.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 12:47 PM

You can go to wiki.ca.com directly and then in the drop down selection choose Service Operations Insight 4.0

Or the direct URL:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/SOI40/CA+Service+Operations+Insight+Home

• 7.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 11:29 AM

And its not there. The most asked for thing wasn't added to this release.

• 8.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 02:08 PM

I think CA have missed to update some parts of the documentation:

Old Version numbers (i hope its still working that way)

How to Upgrade from a Previous High Availability Installation - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 - CA Technologies Do…

Ill hope update from SOI 3.3 is supported as well:+

Upgrade CA SOI - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

regards

Andre

• 9.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:53 AM

Hi Andre,

The documentation has been updated for SOI 4.0.

Thanks,

Gauri

• 10.  Re: SOIv4.0 Whats new?

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:56 AM

Thanks gauri!