Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SOI Console Logo

• 1.  SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 11, 2016 06:33 AM

Hello,

I wish to incorporate my company's logo as the console's symbol visible at the taskbar ( and not at the Dashboard or the web UI). We used to have that in the previous version but now it is back to the default.

The preferences option is for the Dashboard if I am not wrong.

Any help?

Thanks

Deepika Singh

• 2.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 11, 2016 07:08 AM

Hi Deepika, Can you please highlight in screenshot what exactly you are referring as 'Taskbar'. Thanks, Ashay

• 3.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 11, 2016 07:14 AM

Hi Ashay,

Referring to this symbol. The application icon is where I want to have my company's logo.

• 4.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 11, 2016 10:13 AM

Hi Deepika,

have a look at the file custom-branding-config.xml in ...\SOI\tomcat\webapps\sam\WEB-INF\console\config.

There are many things you can customize for the Application name, icon, etc.

The file has to be copied to ...\SOI\custom\console\config before modifying it.

MichaelBoehm

• 5.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 14, 2016 06:44 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update. Does it require a service restart as well?

The server is a standalone complete SOI setup. So could you let me know on which server this file resides- SAM or UI?

Also, the path that exists, or atleast that I happen to notice is \SOI\tomcat\custom/console/config.

Please correct if any gap here..

Thanks

Deepika

• 6.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 14, 2016 09:05 AM

Hi Deepika,

you are correct about the path, I missed to type the tomcat part - sorry for the confusion.

I only have a singel-server environment as well, so I cannot double-check, but according to the function provided (the console), this should all be on the UI-Server.

According to the documentation you only have to restart the console, not the UI-Server process.

https://docops.ca.com/display/SOI40/How+to+Customize+the+Operations+Console+Menu

Be aware that some of the updates only appear when you clear the Java cache on your local machine to get everything refreshed.

MichaelBoehm

• 7.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 15, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Michael,

I tried the same, but unable to see the app-icon/logo.

As a safe step, restarted  both SAM and UI services, still the same.

Thanks

Deepika

• 8.  Re: SOI Console Logo
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2016 09:27 AM

Hi Deepika,

copy the file to ...\SOI\SamUI\custom\console\config.

Then clear the Java cache and restart the console.

The path in the comment is not very clear, and there are multiple directories, so I also used the wrong one first.

Sorry about the confusion.

I will recommend to the Documentation Team to make this more clear.

I think the icon also has to have a specific size (16x16).  For testing I used one of that size nd all worked fine.

MichaelBoehm

• 9.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Sep 15, 2016 06:53 AM

Hi all 

I need to know if I can modify this link as well. I figured out how to modify the CA logo to represent my environment and would like to change the link itself to a site of my choice. 

It currently goes to Software and expertise to fuel digital transformation - CA Technologies  

• 10.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 04, 2017 11:33 AM

That can be changed. In the custom-branding-config.xml file, add or change this section whatever you need:

<logo-button>
    <button-icon>image.jpg</button-icon>
    <mouse-over-text>Mouse Over Text</mouse-over-text>
    <click-action>URL</click-action>
    </logo-button>

You'll need to restart the UI and delete the java cache on your local computer.

• 11.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:19 AM

Thanks FueY.

• 12.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi Doctor,

As mentioned above, please refer to our documentation How to Customize the Operations Console Menu - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation  and if this is still an issue, open a separate thread with the new question and we will be glad to help.

• 13.  Re: SOI Console Logo

Posted Jan 04, 2017 11:19 AM

Make sure to delete the java cache on your local workstation so the new content can be downloaded.