Service Operations Insight

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Way to backup SOI - Helpdesk Configuration Settings w/in SOI Console?

• 1.  Way to backup SOI - Helpdesk Configuration Settings w/in SOI Console?

Posted Oct 19, 2015 09:26 PM

Testing out the full SOI services export then import and noticed a huge failure in the actions section.

We have a custom integration with Connect Wise and within the SOI Console - Tools - Help Desk Configuration, I had to define custom variables to pass to our ticketing system.

I thought that the full export command from w/in SOI\tomcat\bin\WSSamServiceCmd -hserver1:7090 -usamuser -p**** -aExport -s* -fc:/allServicesExport.xml

then an import on our SOI Lab environment would preserve all my custom ticketing Actions but it didn't.

So did a full export from SOI Prod.

Then in SOI Lab did a full SOI DB Rebuild DB.

Did the full Import on LAB.

I see the actions and policies but the "Create Ticket" category actions are all empty. They just have the base 3 variables defined and none of the custom ones were preserved.

My question:

1. Is there a way to export the HelpDesk Configuration settings from w/in the SOI Console GUI?

2. If there is no built in method w/in SOI, then is there a database table that I can export then import to do this?

TIA!

• 2.  Re: Way to backup SOI - Helpdesk Configuration Settings w/in SOI Console?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi,

You can look in to dbo.HelpDeskConfiguration table.

Thanks

Shaheen