Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI toolbox purge and clean still !run when SOI Live (w/78774)

Posted May 04, 2015 09:49 AM

Hello, recently I updated all SOI components with the latest CUM1 Update 78774. The reason being so I could run the SOI DB Maintenance commands while SOI was up and running. YET this isnt' working.

When I run these commands:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\Tools> soitoolbox.exe -m LOC2-MS-SOISQLDB --cleanHistoryData 60
    C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\Tools> soitoolbox.exe -m LOC2-MS-SOISQLDB --purgeClearedAlerts 60

Our SOI Console just stops responding all together. The NOC reports that SOI stops processing alarms, they can't ACK alerts, etc. Entire SOI-MGR goes offline periodically.

Anyone else seeing this? I opened a case but wanted to ask the community.

• 2.  Re: SOI toolbox purge and clean still !run when SOI Live (w/78774)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 04:40 PM

Hi Dan,

Only purgeClearedAlerts option allows the soitoolbox to run dynamically (without stopping the service). When cleaning large amount of data you need to make sure you have enough drive space for the SQL transaction log to grow, otherwise the SQL will cease to respond. If you have large amount of data that needs to be cleaned than it is better to clean the data in smaller chunk, shrink the transaction log and repeat until you are done.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: SOI toolbox purge and clean still !run when SOI Live (w/78774)

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:52 AM

Hey Dan,

From my experience the query on your SQL is running the CPU too high.