Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SNMP policy Solarwind question

Posted Dec 17, 2014 09:11 PM

Hi,

I have SOI 3.2 and SNMP connector IFW version 2.0. And I receive the SNMP traps from Solarwind domain connector. I have created the snmp_policy.xml file for that domain manager, but the problem, the Solarwind sends different two types of SNMP trap. One has 10 items in snmp_varbindvals, and the other only has 9 items. Is it possible to parse them all? I attached my snmp_policy file and the eventstore example for the trap.

Regards,

Yan

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: SNMP policy Solarwind question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2014 10:28 PM

Hi Yan,

Instead of parsing the snmp_varbindvals into temp variables you later use to set the USM attributes, could you just use the varbind-#.#.#.#.# variables that are available (you can see them within the eventstore XML).  So, instead of this:

<Field output='Message' format='SW reports: Node {0} IP Address:{1} Alert:{2}' input='temp_nodename,temp_nodeip,temp_property' />

You could put:

<Field output='Message' format='SW reports: Node {0} IP Address:{1} Alert:{2}' input='varbind-1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.10.2,varbind-1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.10.3,varbind-1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.10.1' />

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3.  Re: SNMP policy Solarwind question

Posted Dec 17, 2014 10:41 PM

Thanks Kevin,

This is exactly what I need.

Regards,

Yan

• 4.  Re: SNMP policy Solarwind question

Posted May 13, 2015 10:48 AM

Hi Kevin,

We have the same requirement, and I need to know if I should install the SNMP connector 2.0.00 or 4.1.01.

Thank you,

Joe Poutre

BNP Paribas