Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Apr 15, 2015 05:40 AM

Hi

I have VPAR servers which have been discovered through eHealth. I have connected to that same eHealth server from DM(Data Manager). Those servers appear as physical servers on CCC so my question now is. The server configurations for these servers, do i use the server specs for the HP Superdome where these servers are running.

Please advise

Regards

David

• 2.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Apr 16, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi David,

Short answer is you cant treat virtuals as physical machine in the product. Garbage in garbage out.

This DA supports loading physical hosts and will not create the relationship of the VPARs to the hosts, thus making it useless, see link for supported metrics by the adapter, CA Ehealth Data Collection.

Please either create a custom DA to submit an idea to get one created.

hth,

• 3.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Apr 16, 2015 12:48 PM

You can get the relationship with NMON data adapters.  Works well.

• 4.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Sep 15, 2015 03:13 PM

Hi David, was this addressed to your satisfaction? 

• 5.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Sep 16, 2015 03:19 AM

Hi Melisa

Not really I tried to get data from NMON on a Linux system but unfortunately it gave me issues. First it was the version of NMON which was running on that system and secondly the OS was also a problem. I was told that the NMON data adapter only supports IBM AIX NMON data hence we had issues on the Linux OS.

We are attempting to run NMON on one of our AIX test servers to see if we can get the data that is required by the DA.

Regards

David

• 6.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Sep 16, 2015 11:25 AM

Ok David, i'm going to ask the support team to have a look at this.  

• 7.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2015 04:15 PM

H David

We already discussed the nmon limitation in a support case it only support aix .

Regarding the vpar data in ehealth , the ehealth adapter does not tell dm this is a vpar it is just system . You can not use the superdome model for this vpar sas the superdome is shared with other vpars. 

Gr Dirk

• 8.  Re: HP UNIX VPARS (Virtual Partitions) in CCC database

Posted Oct 02, 2015 06:37 AM

Hi Dirk

I have logged and I have asked the support guy to schedule a webex for us to discuss this further. I have uploaded 3 VPARS, two with the same serial number and the other with a different serial number. I assume the serial number belongs to the Frame and not the individual VPARS meaning VPARS in the same frame share the same serail number.

My question is more around what information do I put in the server configuration spreadsheet. After I uploaded the data from NMON, this is what I got.

Capture.JPG

Ignore the 10.225.61.160. Which information must go in the black spaces.

Regards

David