Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  CA SOI Alert Attributes

Posted Jun 26, 2015 01:25 PM

Hi,

We are having CA SOI 3.2 installed it our environment which is integrated to ServiceNow tool for ticketing . Now we are getting alert created date while we are creating a ticket in ServiceNow. But we want the modified time to be passed to ServiceNow. We tried to find out the alert attribute for modified time in CA SOI to edit the ServiceNow mapping, but no luck. Can any one suggest on this?

Regards,

Manu

+91 8754587671

• 2.  Re: CA SOI Alert Attributes

Posted Jun 29, 2015 01:32 PM

Hi Manu,

If you open the SOI Manager debug console and click on "alarm table" it'll bring up a list of all active alarms in your console. If you then click on one of alarm's you'll get a list of all attributes for that alarm. Here you'll find the attribute name and the unique hex number for the attribute.  You should be able to send these via your ticket request, then it's just a matter of mapping them within ServiceNow.  I'm guessing the attribute you want is ModificationTime (0x12b11)

FYI: 

• The SOI Manager debug console should be http://MgrServerName:7090/sam/debug/  (where MgrServerName is the name of your SOI Manager Server)
    • ServiceNow mapping:  You first need to create the "Web Service field", then use the "Transform Maps" to create the mapping of the new field to a target field within the ServiceNow incident. 

Good luck!,

Brian

• 3.  Re: CA SOI Alert Attributes

Posted Jun 30, 2015 09:15 AM

Thanks Cooney for your reply.

Can you suggest more how ServiceNow Mapping needs to be done. Mapping this variable in multitenantSnowConfig.xml will work ? or some more tasks need to be performed?

CA SOI Services need to be restarted?

Regards,

Manu C S

HCL ISD | Alkermes - Tools |Chennai

Email: manu.cs@hcl.com<mailto:manu.cs@hcl.com>

Phone: +91 9650726222 / +91 8754587671

• 4.  Re: CA SOI Alert Attributes

Posted Jun 30, 2015 10:37 AM

Hi Manu,

We integrated with ServiceNow before CA provided their own integration, so our solution is fairly customized. As a result I'm not very familiar with the CA>ServiceNow provided integration.  Although it looks like what you want to do is documented in the implementation guide under the Customize ServiceNow Incident Fields with CA SOI Alert Parameters section.

• 5.  Re: CA SOI Alert Attributes

Posted Jul 16, 2015 10:42 AM

Hi Cooney,

I tried to find out that alert attribute, but unfortunately no luck. ModificationTime and Last Updated time gives two different value. I couldn't find alert attribute for alert updated time. Can anyone help here?

Regards,

Manu

+91 8754587671