Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Create different class CI in SNMP Policy

Posted Feb 23, 2015 02:07 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I want to create a snmp policy file to create application CI Class from Manage Engine trap if it receive URLMonitor trap from manage engine. For Availability and Response Time event type, Manage Engine will send two types of event, one is from server, and one is from URLMonitor. If it is come from server, it will become ComputerSystem CI, but if it is come from URL Monitor, it will become Application CI. I attached the example trap and SNMP policy file that I created.

I have created this policy file, but instead of became application class CI, it become entity CI or wasn’t created at all. Can somebody check what is wrong with my policy file?

Regards,

Yan

Attachment(s)

zip
    files.zip   59 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Create different class CI in SNMP Policy

Posted Feb 23, 2015 05:10 AM

I am busy looking at this policy as I want to challenge myself and see if I can find an issue with your policy.

However, may I suggest a simple way of trouble-shooting your policy in the meantime.

Create a policy only for the Event and CI you want to create where "Class=Application" for Events from URLMonitor. Once that works (ie CI is classified as you require), compare it with your current policy and see what the difference is.

• 3.  Re: Create different class CI in SNMP Policy

Posted Feb 23, 2015 05:35 AM

I would suggest you add the following to your ITEM section:

<Field output='MdrElementID' format='{0}' input='AlertedMdrElementID' />

If CA can confirm if this is correct?

• 4.  Re: Create different class CI in SNMP Policy
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2015 10:14 PM

Hi Madelaine

Thanks for your suggestion. I have found the problem and it seems SOI can't accept the regex for server CI ^(?:(?!UrlMonitor).)*$. So instead of create two new sub event class, I just create a sub event class for URL CI, and it works.