Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  display isClearable in SOI console

Posted May 08, 2014 05:11 AM

Hi All,

I noticed that there is alarm attribute isClearable in SOI. However, in SOI console, I cannot find this attribute to be displayed. I only can display i.e user_attribute1, user_attribute2, source, etc.

Pls advise on how to customize SOI console to show attribute isClearable. Appreciate your help!!!

• 2.  RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] display isClearable in SOI console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2014 05:22 AM
    Hello,

IsClearable is an Event property, defines whether the event can be cleared when an equivalent normal severity event is received. You will find this attribute in the Event Policy gui to search for events.
    What is the use case to show this attribute in SOI Alert Console?

Thanks

Brahma Addepalli
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer
    Tel: +71847
    Brahmaiah.Addepalli@ca.com

<mailto:Brahmaiah.Addepalli@ca.com>[cid:image001.png@01CF6ACD.06165300]<http://www.ca.com/>
    P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: CA Service Operations Insight SOI Global User CommunityMessage Boards [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:42 PM
    To: mb_message.96521970.115780848@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] display isClearable in SOI console

Hi All,

I noticed that there is alarm attribute isClearable in SOI. However, in SOI console, I cannot find this attribute to be displayed. I only can display i.e user_attribute1, user_attribute2, source, etc.

Pls advise on how to customize SOI console to show attribute isClearable. Appreciate your help!!!
    Posted by:halimliauw
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb_message.96521970.115780848@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb_message.96521970.115780848@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

• 3.  RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] display isClearable in SOI console

Posted May 08, 2014 06:21 AM

Hi Brahma,

Some alarms are not clear automatically (ie. log monitoring alarm from nimsoft), we need to have some info that this alarm need to be clear manually so that operator can clear the alarm manually.

Cheers,

• 4.  RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] d
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2014 09:46 AM
    Hello Halim,

You can add this “IsClearable” to the Alert Console in the SOI Console. I attached a simple “column-isclearable-config.xml” file to be added in \SOI\SamUI\webapps\sam\WEB-INF\alarm\config, and the updated alarm-table-config.xml file from my SOI server. Please back up these configuration files before replacing, the Column is added to the SOI Alert Console as we see in the below screenshot.

[cid:image001.png@01CF6AF1.DE657F50]

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Brahma Addepalli
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer
    Tel: +71847
    Brahmaiah.Addepalli@ca.com

<mailto:Brahmaiah.Addepalli@ca.com>[cid:image002.png@01CF6AF1.DE657F50]<http://www.ca.com/>
    P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: CA Service Operations Insight SOI Global User CommunityMessage Boards [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 3:51 PM
    To: mb_message.96521970.115787158@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] display isClearable in SOI console

Hi Brahma,

Some alarms are not clear automatically (ie. log monitoring alarm from nimsoft), we need to have some info that this alarm need to be clear manually so that operator can clear the alarm manually.

Cheers,

Posted by:halimliauw
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb_message.96521970.115787158@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb_message.96521970.115787158@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] RE: [SOI Alarms, Alerts, and Events] d

Posted Jun 10, 2014 02:49 AM

Hi Brahma,

Thank you very much for your help!

• 6.  Re: display isClearable in SOI console

Posted Oct 29, 2014 02:51 PM

Hi Brahmaiah;

Sorry to revive an old post, but I was wondering if it was possible to add an attribute to a column that was in the USM Properties.  For example, could we add 'Primary OSType' to a column?