Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Can I move a story from workspace to workspace?

Posted Sep 11, 2019 02:00 PM
    We have a situation where someone created a bunch of stories in a project in the wrong workspace. Is there a way to easily move them to the correct one?

Joe Bloch

• 2.  RE: Can I move a story from workspace to workspace?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 03:01 PM
    Hi Joseph,

Workspaces are largely independent of each other where work items are concerned.  If there are a large number of items and recreating them by hand would be too tedious, you may try doing an Excel export/import on the work items.  You can find more information on our plugin here:https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/excel-2016-office-365

• 3.  RE: Can I move a story from workspace to workspace?

Posted Sep 11, 2019 03:10 PM

That export/import might be exactly what we're looking for, since this is just a one-off. Thanks!

Joe

Joseph Bloch
    Release Coordinator
    Franklin Mutual Insurance Group
    973-250-4446
    Toll Free: 800-842-0551 Ext. 4446
    E-mail: jbloch@fmiweb.com

This communication from Franklin Mutual Insurance Company (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient advise Franklin Mutual Insurance Company and delete this communication. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.