Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Query Counter app

Posted Sep 26, 2019 11:55 AM
    is there any way to tweak the query counter app to count values, rather than numbers of items?

I can get a count of number of stories by state, but i'd actually like to use the counter app to get a rollup of the plan estimates of the stories by state.

• 2.  RE: Query Counter app
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 05:11 PM
    Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately, that app kind of cheats to report the count that it does. 

First, some background.  When the API returns a collection, it returns the count of the total number of objects that satisfy that query.  It needs to do this so that an application is able to calculate the total number of pages that it would need to fetch based on pagesize.

The query counter app is simply reporting that total result count that comes back.  In fact, for performance reasons, the query counter app only pulls a pagesize of 1 record since it doesn't need to resolve anything with artifacts on other pages.

Because of this, it can't iterate through or rollup the values from records that would be in its resultset.

That being said, I believe that data rolls up to the Feature level as LeafStoryPlanEstimateTotal.  Could you use that somehow?