Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  help adding text to a custom app - should be simple (says I - ha)

Posted Jul 10, 2019 10:58 AM
      |   view attached
    I'm using the Portfolio Item Copy from the RallyCommunity github here https://github.com/RallyCommunity/portfolio-item-copy/tree/master/deploy.  My issue is I've found a couple of issues that give errors.  I'd like to put some instructions at the top of the app's screen telling users to a) go to the Edit App Settings screen and b) a couple of tricks so the won't get errors.  
    Can someone help me with what to add to the source code? I'm just not sure where/how to add code to allow me to add text in the right spot.  I can do the formatting myself using code.  Just need someone to start me off.  Does that make sense?  See the attachment for what I'm looking for.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: help adding text to a custom app - should be simple (says I - ha)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 01:26 PM
    Hi Marti,

I've been playing with this in my spare time, and I think there's a layer of complexity to this due to the layout that's being used.  The immediate issue is that the layout is a table with 2 columns.  So simply adding a bit of text to forces the label for the dropdown to be skewed:

So as a quick hack for that, you could add two display fields to the items object, but the text pushes the dropdown across the screen

You'd have to redesign the layout for different behavior.  Regardless, here's the snippet from my experimentation:
        items:[
            {
                xtype: 'displayfield',
                value: 'hello world hello world hello world hello world hello world hello world',
                itemId: 'header'
            },
            {
                xtype: 'displayfield',
                itemId: 'header2'
            },
            {
                xtype : "label",
                text : 'Copy To Project:',
                padding : "5px"
            },
    ...​