Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Feature Owner

Posted Jul 30, 2019 08:44 AM
    Hi,

I have a Feature that is worked by 2 teams. My team worked on 1 US in Sprint 2and the other team worked on the 9 USs in the rest of the PI.
    I updated the Production date to the Feature on the Feature cycle time report and now this feature is tagged to my team.

I want to understand how is the Feature ownership assigned.
    I have verified for any team tagging of the feature, but i dont see any.

Need inputs here please.

• 2.  RE: Feature Owner
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 31, 2019 11:26 AM

Hi Chandrika, 

There are two places that can show ownership within a Feature (assuming your subscription does not have any custom fields for this at the Portfolio level).
    The first is the Project value. This is a project (usually representing a Team) within your Rally subscription. Each Feature can only have one project value. This is a required field. 
    The other is the Owner. This is a user within your subscription. The person must have an active Rally account in order to be chosen as the Owner (if the account becomes disabled they will stay as the Owner, but won't be available to select in the dropdown list anymore). 

Since Rally does not support conditional fields where one value changes based on another, it sounds like someone edited either the Project field or the Owner field. You can figure out what the change was and who did it in the revision history of the Feature. 

Each User story under the Feature also has a Project value and an Owner as well, these can be the same or different from the project and owner values on the Feature. 

I hope this helps, please let me know if I've misunderstood!

Best, 

Leah

------------------------------
    Lean Analyst
    EBSCO Information Services
    ------------------------------