Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Change Sets

• 1.  Change Sets

Posted 10-03-2018 10:56 AM

I have a few questions with respect to change sets tab in the user story/DE.

1. Why don't I see the change sets tab in the QDP view? Is there something I can do to make it visible? 

2. How do I filter out only those stories that have the change set tab populated with information? Filters don't have the option of picking "change sets", neither is there a column of "change sets" to add to a view.

3. There could be multiple changesets for one artifact. In case I wish to delete one of these changesets, is it possible to do that?

(Screenshots attached for all the questions)

• 2.  Re: Change Sets

Posted 10-03-2018 11:51 AM

Hi Niveditha,

Please see the following article about deleting changesets:  How to delete a changeset - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: Change Sets

Posted 10-03-2018 12:09 PM

Niveditha, to answer #1 and #2:

Changesets aren't on QDP yet, but we do plan to add them in the future. Current plan is to add them to a tab that consolidates these types of items, called 'Connections'.

Check out Agile Central - WSAPI: How to create and query Changesets  on how to query for changesets

• 4.  Re: Change Sets

Posted 10-03-2018 12:26 PM

Hey John,

I tried the first solution in the link you gave to query changesets - which is to use the "custom list" app and pick "changesets" as type. But that doesn't give me any much useful information. It just lists all the changesets and doesn't give me a way to link it to a user story/defect. 

Below screenshot includes all the columns that it allows.

Also, since I'm not a developer, using the WSAPI to query becomes very difficult for me. I can manage the basic queries, but this is little high level.

• 5.  Re: Change Sets

Posted 04-29-2019 07:44 PM

Hey John,

Do you have any solution to display Artifacts linked to change sets.