Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Changing Userpermission

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:25 AM

I have created a new User in Rally under workspace 2 with all projectpermission to Viewer Role.

Now I have a requirement to change the projectpermission for the same user under same workspace to Editor Role.

Can somebody help to write the java code?

Thanks in Advance.....

• 2.  Re: Changing Userpermission

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:43 AM

• 3.  Re: Changing Userpermission

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:46 AM

Avi12Apr2017

There is also an example here, Java Rally Rest Api : How to add new user to the Project - Stack Overflow .  I have not tested both of these, but hopefully they will help get you going.

Michael

• 4.  Re: Changing Userpermission

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. But,I have already created the projectpermission for a user with Viewer Role.

I have a requirement to change the current Viewer Role  to Editor Role for the same(i.e Existing) user.

• 5.  Re: Changing Userpermission
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:13 AM

Avi12Apr2017,

These examples do just what you are requesting.  You fetch the already created user and create a new Editor Project Permission for the User.  Once it is created the user will have Editor for the Project.

It is specifically these lines of code:

// Create the new ProjectPermission for the User
    JsonObject newProjectPermission = new JsonObject();
    newProjectPermission.addProperty("Workspace", workspaceRef);
    newProjectPermission.addProperty("Project", projectRef);
    newProjectPermission.addProperty("User", userRef);
    newProjectPermission.addProperty("Role", PROJECT_EDITOR);  // PROJECT_EDITOR was set in a previous part of the code, but it is "Editor"

CreateRequest createProjectPermissionRequest = new CreateRequest("ProjectPermission", newProjectPermission);
    CreateResponse createProjectPermissionResponse = restApi.create(createProjectPermissionRequest);

Hope that helps.

Michael