Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

• 1.  QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 09, 2017 11:16 AM

Quality Work Items Quick Detail Panel (QDP) is now available to all SaaS Agile Central users.

QDP has now expanded to include Quality Management Work Items such as Test Cases, Test Folders, Test Sets, Defect Suites, and Test Results. This functionality provides users with a consistent QDP experience across all Agile Central work items. 

Submerged in our new technology and an updated design, Quality Management users will also notice an improved Test Steps Editor and Collections experience, as well as extended QDP Actions such as Copy and Delete.

This work is part an ongoing effort to provide users with a more consistent experience in a modern interface while also offering the following:

• Users now can experience QDP for every work item as they move throughout the tool.  
    • Users can now delete from the QDP as well as copy work items.
    • Users can see their Test Case Collections within a Test Set.
    • Users can create new Test Results while remaining in context of their Results Collection.
    • Users can now associate Test Sets to a Milestone.
    • Testers can create Test Steps in a faster more efficient process.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or concerns. 

Thank you for your time and we hope to continue building awesome features to deliver to our amazing customers.

• 2.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 09, 2017 11:27 AM

• 3.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 09, 2017 01:03 PM

This is really great.  Is the Quality Management page in the first picture above also going to be pushed out?

• 4.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 09, 2017 04:02 PM

• 5.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 23, 2017 01:38 PM

terry.ginzburg The page in the screenshot is currently in Private Beta. We hope to have it available to all users in an Open Beta state by the end of the year. I am glad to see it peaked your interest  

You will see an announcement here on the Community when it is available. 

• 6.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Oct 23, 2017 02:28 PM

Enough that I not only attended the webinar last week but jumped into the private beta.  So far, I really like where you're going.  A lot of my users wanted to use the quality section but found it laborious to create test cases, especially when adding test steps.  The improved Import feature was a good first step, allowing copying of test cases with the addition of QDPs was another great improvement, and now the new page, especailly the bulk copy feature, is really going to make my testing users happy!  Keep it up!

• 7.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Nov 13, 2017 05:24 PM

I'm looking for the bulk copy feature but don't see it.  Was that for steps in a TC, or for TCs in general?  Also, I'm not seeing any import feature?  My screen mirrors the second one above, so just wondering if I'm missing something?

• 8.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Nov 07, 2017 04:23 PM

We have a couple users trying to use Internet Explorer but they are not able to create a new test case results.  We checked with them and they do not have Pop Ups blocked.   Have you had any other issues with users not being able to use this functionality in IE?   They are using the latest version IE 11.

• 9.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Nov 07, 2017 04:39 PM

Hi Rita, 

I have not heard of any other issues with IE. Can you please open a support case and we can look into this?

Thank you, 
    Shay

• 10.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Dec 13, 2017 05:22 AM

I confess I'm ambivalent about the Quick Detail Panel .
    The look and feel is nice, but I'm not really getting on with the change of experience.  I am attached to having the main screen be full-screen, and leave the QDP turned off most of the time -- and am therefore not getting any more familiar or comfortable with it!  It's a chicken-and-egg thing I'm not breaking through yet.

Specifically -- what made me come here -- was to ask about the behaviour now that the QDP has 'intruded' itself on the Test Plan area.

• We used to click on the Edit icon and quickly change a Test Folder name or Test Case name (or amend the details, etc.) and the Test Plan screen updated itself when we finished the operation. 
    1. Now, for Test Folders, the Edit icon brings the QDP in, but once you make your change and close the QDP again, you still have to actively Refresh the main screen to update it.
      (Not great for me, but I can see why it had to be that way for people who have the QDP displaying all the time, and may have uncommitted changes in it meaning that auto update might not be ideal for those people.)
    2. Now, for Test Cases, the Edit icon no longer takes you to the Edit screen, but takes you to the Test Case general screen, where you have to go to the dropdown to Edit.  So instead of one step to do what you want, it's two steps -- AND two steps back to return to the view you were originally on as well.

• 11.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Dec 13, 2017 01:20 PM

Thank you Nev for your Feedback.

The value QDP offers is that you do not have to navigate away from your page to make changes or get more info. I do understand a larger/full view is important to you. We do have this in our backlog and are planning it for next year. In regards to your feedback:

1. Yes, this is accurate, you have to refresh to see changes from the QDP in your grids. We are looking at ways to make this a better experience and keep our pages performant for users. 

2. We did not change the edit experience in the "full" or older view for Test Cases. When you went to the full page, you then had to click "Edit" in an actions menu. We simply added the QDP experience. Now in QDP you can just edit your fields in the QDP without navigating away or choosing an edit option. You can also now inline edit many fields for Test Cases or Test Folder on the new Quality Management page, just released on the 11th, without using the QDP or full page view. 

I really appreciate your feedback on the QDP, and I look forward to giving you a more precise date on when the larger view will become available to you. 

Thank you and please continue to share your thoughts.

-Shay

• 12.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Dec 14, 2017 09:24 AM

Cheers, Shay @bouch02.

I appreciate the speedy and effective response, and understand where things are at much more clearly now.

I suspect I'm in a minority in working mostly based in the Test Plan screen with an elaborate hierarchy of Test Folders... 

Also, thanks for the pointer to the Quality Management page.  Does this entirely supersede the Test Case Manager extension?  I think it does the same as that and more -- and probably does much of what I habitually do in the Test Plan screen.  But maybe I should seek out a separate discussion topic for that.

Thanks again,

--Nev.

• 13.  Re: QDP Has Expanded To Quality Management

Posted Dec 14, 2017 03:35 PM

Nev, 

You are not a minority and your use case fits most of our testing users. I do hope you get more value out of the QDP as we continue to evolve it. Yes the intention is for the new Quality Management page to replace the Test Plan page. The Quality Management page is in Open Beta so we are actively accepting feedback on it. Please check it out and tell us your thoughts. You can also see our Help Documentation here for the new page. 

Sincerely, 
    Shay