Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  CA Agile Central Database Connector:

Posted Feb 02, 2018 12:27 PM

When running the connector, the error "<ConfigurationError> EnvironmentalKey ident_vector not valid for decryption target value.  Reset all credential values to clear text in config file!" seems to get thrown sporadically when I change nothing to the .yml file, and the only fix for it I have found is to re-enter the apikey. For example, I ran it yesterday, and it worked fine. However, today, after changing nothing to the file, it gave me this error. I re-entered the apikey, and then it worked again. I ran it again immediately after, and it worked once more. What is causing this error?

• 2.  Re: CA Agile Central Database Connector:
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:29 PM

Hello  menkebrandonp.  When any of the CA connectors run, the first thing they do is encrypt the login credentials in the configuration file (or YML file ).  This is done by using a cryptographic key specific to the machine the connector is running on, and a "salt" value that contains the HASH value of the current config file.  So, whenever you change the config file. The old encryption will no longer run.  This is a protection mechanism to prevent unauthorized changes to the config file.  In order to "Authorize" the changes, you have to re-enter the un-encrypted credentials by wiping out all the text between the > and <\ symbols and replacing it with the credential needed. For instance, you would replace:

<APIKey>Secured:as1lkjweriokjfoaeirj938J2048mdlfj</APIKey>

with

<APIKey>theRealAPIKey</APIKey>

Or for YML, you would replace:

Password            : encoded-W-V-A-L-Z-U-5-a-b-k-Y-=-

with

Password            : theRealPassword

Then, save the config (or YML) file and run the connector again.

Hope that helps.