Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Jan 08, 2016 05:23 AM
    In creating a new dashboard, the following error occurred:
    "Could not read: could not read all instances of class com.f4tech.slm.domain.Artifact for class Artifact"
    Anyone know what this means and how to correct? Probably something in custom lists.
    Thanks, Veroni

• 2.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Jan 18, 2019 10:42 AM

I have this same issue, is there a resolve for this? 

• 3.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Jan 18, 2019 10:45 AM

I am experiencing the same issue with the same error: "Could not read: could not read all instances of class com.f4tech.slm.domain.Artifact for class Artifact"

Can someone help assist?  This has been ongoing for 3 days.

• 4.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Jan 18, 2019 10:45 AM

We began experiencing this issue on January 16, 2019 for certain nodes in our workspace.  Please advise how we can get around this error.

• 5.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2019 04:14 PM

Hi.

If you can share with us more on where you see this error, how consistent it is, what specific query or use-case you're running it'll help.

Generally, what this error means is that it's having trouble getting information from the Artifact endpoint. The Artifact endpoint is a upper-parent (an ancestry) class of all artifacts. When querying this endpoint then you're basically asking for all artifacts that match your filter.

I imagine that Work Views may be such a place where you are allowed to select different types to be included, but again, if you can share your use-case it'll help.

Also, please take a look at this thread:

c# - Can't query/order on built-in rally fields "could not read all instances of class com.f4tech.slm.domain.Artifact" -… 

This essentially says that you can't (or shouldn't) just query this endpoint without specifying the exact types of artifacts you are asking for. It may be that it'll help us here.

So, if you can share more - we'll appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 6.  RE: Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Aug 06, 2019 09:14 PM
    So I was trying to create a custom list to identify orphaned defects, i.e. defects not associated with any defect suite (since there is no way to get this info from any existing view).  In my list setting, I selected our project, type = Defect, then Query as (DefectSuites.ObjectID = null)

I get a few listed, not nearly the complete list, and this error message in a red bar at the top of the page.  Sorting by a column name as suggested by Christian did not make any difference.

• 7.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2019 04:17 PM

Hello Schalks,

Can you please try resorting the columns by clicking on another column heading such as name, rank. etc to see if this resolves the issue?

If this doesn't work I would suggest opening a support case so we can investigate further.

Thank you,

Christian Maldoff

• 8.  Re: com.f4tech.slm.domain.artifacts error

Posted Jan 22, 2019 08:46 AM

Support case has been opened and the troubleshooting steps they gave me did not work.

I replied with my feedback and screenshots.

Thanks!

Cindy