Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to enhance the Blocker Detail/Reason functionality to...

Posted Jun 27, 2016 05:34 PM

Is it possible to enhance the Blocker Detail/Reason functionality to systematically populate the status and include the blocker detail based on the hierarchy in the absence of a unique blocker reason entry at each level?

For Example:

- A blocker with reason/detail entry at the task level does not roll up to the story level. The only rollup is the status of the story will show blocked.  

Desired behavior:

- A blocker with reason/detail entry at the task level rolls up to the story and epic level to indicate the story         and epic (if any) are blocked 

- The blocker reason entered at the task level will display at the task level (status and detail) 

- The blocker status and reason entered at the task level will roll up and be populated/presented at the              story level unless unique text for the blocker was entered at the story level

Please let me know if there is a different venue to send suggestions for enhancements.

Thank you ,

Amy Xydias

• 2.  Re:

Posted Jun 27, 2016 06:16 PM
    Hi Amy! Actually the place for enhancements/feature requests is ideas.rallydev.com. You might even find someone else has the same idea!  Thanks!

• 3.  Re:

Posted Jun 28, 2016 11:54 AM
    Thank you John.  I found an idea already submitted that matched most of my request : Blocked task details in Story schedule section (D3061) so I added a comment.  For previously submitted ideas that are in the 'Not Planned' status, are these revisited? Or, would it be better for me to submit a new request?

• 4.  Re:

Posted Jun 28, 2016 12:44 PM
    Hey @Amy Xydias, nice find! I think existing ideas are revisited based on # of votes as well as date posted, but I believe a duplicate idea would probably be merged to the existing one. I think the best thing to do is vote for the idea you like, and share it with others to get that vote count up!!

• 5.  Re:

Posted Jul 06, 2016 10:47 AM
    @Amy Xydias, further to John's comment, Not Planned doesn't imply that the idea has been considered and rejected- it just means that the idea is still under consideration. I thought the same as you (little unintuitive) but you can be comfortable that the idea is still being looked at.