CA Service Management

View Only

Container / Kubernetes based SDM setup

• 1.  Container / Kubernetes based SDM setup

Posted Sep 03, 2020 09:34 AM
      |   view attached

Dear Colleagues,

Since SDM version 17.3 we have the capability to run SDM in a container based environment.

My personal believe is, that in mid and long term, this kind of setup is the one to go.

Especially in complex environments, where you have a lot of separate servers for all the different components of SDM.

To raise some awareness for this kind of setup I did a company internal presentation,

which I now would like to share with you as well, because I am convinced, that there is interest in this topic in the community as well.

It's normally not my favorite thing to raise the flag and advertise for things.

But because of my experience in several different customer environments,

knowing the effort you have to invest into operation and maintenance,

I assume, that you might be excited as well as myself about this technology.

The attached presentation video last round about an hour

I give a rough overview about :

• what is a container,
    • what is kubernetes,
    • what SDM components can be run in Kubernetes,
    • some SDM specifics in Kubernetes,
    • and at the end, I give a 15 minute demo of adding another app server to a GKE based environment.

Sorry for the bad audio quality in some parts

The information it contains is just very simple, trying to look more at some principals and the basics, rather than how to do this and that in detail

However I can imagine additional sessions, to provide detailed HowTo's, not at least, because the information available from broadcom side is a little bit limited.

As always, do not hesitate to comment, ask, add or suggest.

Kind Regards

........Michael

------------------------------
    Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany
    ------------------------------