CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  classic_sla_processing and service type

Posted May 06, 2021 10:12 PM
    Hi team!

I have a situation regarding the options manager "classic_sla_processing" when it is installed and it is the following: An incident is created with a service type for example of 2 hours, then the category is changed to one with a service type of 4 hours However, the type of service is maintained with that of 2 hours. Now if I create the case with a service type of 4 hours and then I change the category to one with a type of service of 2 hours, in that case it changes from 4 hours to 2 hours. Basically I have seen that if you change the type of service to one that has a longer time, the type of service is not updated, but if it is changed to a shorter time it is updated. Can I modify so that regardless of the type of service, I always take the new one?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: classic_sla_processing and service type

Posted May 07, 2021 04:56 PM
    Service Types can be associated with multiple attributes on an Incident/Problem/Request ticket:
    1. Priority
    2. Category (Incident/Problem/Request Area)
    3. Affected Resource (Configuration Item)
    4. Affected End User (Contact)
    5. Affected End User's Functional Organization (Organization)

If you have not turned on classic_sla_processing then a ticket could have multiple Service Types running on the ticket at the same time (all 5 above).

If you have turned on classic_sla_processing (old school), only one Service Type will be in effect (but which one?). The Service Type that will be in effect will be the one with the lowest Ranking.

The behavior you are seeing may be that you have Service Types associated with more than one attribute on the ticket.

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 3.  RE: classic_sla_processing and service type

Posted May 10, 2021 07:01 PM
    Hi Lindsay,

Yes, I know how the Classic SLA works, only in this case I have the situation that when changing the Ticket attributes, in this case the category the sla is only being updated by the new one if it has a shorter time, for example if the old category has a sla of 10 hours and the new one of 5 hours is associating the new SLA, that is to say 5 hours, but if I want to change it from a category of 5 hours to one of 10 hours, it is not assigning the new SLA, continue with the 5 hour one and not with the 10 hour one as it should be.

And the Category SLA have the same Ranking, in this case 1. 

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: classic_sla_processing and service type
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2021 01:22 AM
    Hi Wicner.
    Please install option cr_allow_sla_downgrade for incidents / requests / problems.
    There are corresponding options for issues and changes as well.
    Let us know, if this solves your question.
    Regards
    ...Michael

Principal Services Consultant
    HCL Enterprise Studio
    Germany

• 5.  RE: classic_sla_processing and service type

Posted May 11, 2021 11:32 AM
    Hi Michael,

I installed option manager and it worked. Thanks