CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sent out Survey reminder after 5 days of Ticket closure

Posted Jan 19, 2020 05:17 AM
    Hi Community,

I'm looking into implementing a reminder functionality for surveys, if no survey was yet received.

at the moment we sent out a survey to the enduser on ticket closure. We are now at a return rate of 22%, but our target is atleast 40%.
    so it can be that the survey is sent in a busy moment for the user and he ignores it. That's why we would like to sent a reminder 2 times after 5 day when no survey is submitted to the ticket.

my approach was to attach a event on closure with a delay of 5 day that checks if a survey was received and the ticket is still closed?
    The even would trigger a dedicated survey reminder notification. We already sent out the initial survey using a custom notification.

i just can't figure out the site defined condition to check if a survey was received. Can anybody please help?

the following additional search parameter on cr does return a list of all tickets that has a survey received.

(act_log_all.type = 'SRVY_RCVD')

thanks in advance
    Martin

• 2.  RE: Sent out Survey reminder after 5 days of Ticket closure
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 05:08 AM
    Hi Martin,

I don't think you are going to get it right basic events. One of the challenges is going to be that the Close activity stops all events on the ticket. So even if you were to get the condition correct, it would not trigger due to the ticket being on inactive status. If you want to go the even route then, you would need an alternative status to trigger the survey so that the ticket remains active for your site condition to remain alive.

Otherwise look towards ITPAM...

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Sent out Survey reminder after 5 days of Ticket closure

Posted Jan 21, 2020 07:52 AM
    Hi,
    You can check this with condition macro like that:

send_wait(0,top_object(),"call_attr","alg","sync_fetch","MLIST_STATIC", format("call_req_id = '%s' AND type = 'SRVY_RCVD'", persistent_id),-1,0);
    if (msg_error()) {
    logf(ERROR, "Error in sync_fetch: %s", msg[0]);
    }

if (msg[1] > 0)
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    else
    set_return_data(FALSE);