CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How can i test my ruby module with CA Service Management 17.x

Posted Sep 02, 2020 04:55 PM
    Hello,

I have published a ruby modul for interacting with the CA Service Management. But in my company we only use 14.1 and we will end with CA soon. Does anyone know a solution where i can test my ruby stuff, than?

My ruby modul is published on ogaida/usd
    GitHub remove preview
    ogaida/usd
    There is a ruby class and a commandline tool rusdc. just install the gem: Be aware that you need some compiler-tools and the ruby headers: sudo apt-get install build-essential ruby-dev yum group install yum install ruby-devel see https://github.com/ogaida/usd/wiki/bash-completion If you use the rusdc find command with --format mlr option then you need mlr.
    View this on GitHub >

Kind Regards
    Oliver

• 2.  RE: How can i test my ruby module with CA Service Management 17.x

Posted Sep 05, 2020 11:44 AM
    I guess that what you are asking is "Does anyone have a Service Desk Manager (SDM) 17.x environment that I can use to test my module?".

Have you considered setting up a TEST SDM 17.x environment yourself?

If your module works fine with SDM 14.1, you can be pretty confident that it will also work with SDM 17.x.

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 3.  RE: How can i test my ruby module with CA Service Management 17.x

Posted Sep 06, 2020 11:16 AM
    Hello Lindsay,

thank you for your answer. And you are right. I am looking for someone who let me test in his 17.x enviroment, via vpn or in a cloud environment etc.. Setting up a 17.x environment by myself, i have never thought about it. Does it run in a docker environment?  I expect it run on windows only, does it? I think it will be a question of hardware resources, time and licence-costs. But on the other hand, if nobody wants to use this ruby gem, then i do not need invest in time and money. Let's see what happens.

Best Regards
    Oliver

Devops Engineer
    Sycor GmbH

• 4.  RE: How can i test my ruby module with CA Service Management 17.x
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2020 03:32 AM
    Hi Oliver,

CA SDM r17.3 now supports Docker container based deployment in Kubernetes

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3/CA-Service-Management-17_3-Release-Notes.html#topic.dita_2c633cd9-ec0d-4893-bd6d-c5315ab96fb1_WhatsNew

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 5.  RE: How can i test my ruby module with CA Service Management 17.x

Posted Sep 09, 2020 08:41 AM
    Hi Brian,

good to know there are docker images available. Then all that remains is to research how it looks with licenses for test environments. But that will certainly not be a problem. Thank you very much.

BR
    Oliver

Devops Engineer
    Sycor GmbH