CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM Timeout Warning Focus Popup

Posted Jan 07, 2020 12:57 PM
    ​Due to a short idle timeout security requirement, users are missing the "Timeout Warning..." message as it often pops up behind another active window (when another tab or window is active), causing users to timeout before tickets can be saved,

What html file is used for this popup warning and would a "focus()" work to bring this window to the front? 

Or any other suggestions??

Thanks
    Jeff

------------------------------
    Service Desk Contractor
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police

• 2.  RE: SDM Timeout Warning Focus Popup
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 06:02 AM

Hi Jeff,

Not sure if it helps, but I noticed when using Google Chrome browser in my environment,  with Google Chrome pinned to the Windows "taskbar", with SDM 17.2.0.3 web interface in a google chrome foreground tab, but not having the current windows focus when the popup window gets created/displayed after the warning timeout is reached, then the icon in the taskbar will blink; if you click on the icon, the popup will get the focus.  I'm not sure if there is any other way or even if this happens consistently in various scenarios (such as SDM login as foreground/background tab) - there may be some security concerns if popups can suddenly interrupt a user's work as the user may unintentionally hit enter key for rogue popups and cause a security breach.

example 1

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom