CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Old CABI Field migration to Jaspersoft BI

Posted Jun 16, 2020 11:24 AM
    I have the folowing query in our current CABI reporting server and I am attempting to recreate this in Jaspersoft but I cannot seem to get it to work correctly.

The purpose of this is to display all our active problem records and their post recent log comments only. Right now my report show each active problem and all of the log comments associated to it.

"=Max(If([Type Symbol] = "Log Comment")=Max(If([Type Symbol] = "Log Comment") Then (Concatenation (Concatenation (FormatDate([Last Mod Dt];"yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss a");Char(13)); [Problem Activity].[Description] ) ) )"

If anyone has any experice doing something similar to this and has any advice please let me know.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    D'Arcey

• 2.  RE: Old CABI Field migration to Jaspersoft BI
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2020 12:56 AM
    Hi D'Arcey,
    personally I'd attack this requirement in SQL - something like this (syntax is for a direct SQL connection to the MDB):
    SQL selecting call_req and latest log comment
    Hope that helps!
    Regards,
    James

Consultant
    IDC Technologies

• 3.  RE: Old CABI Field migration to Jaspersoft BI

Posted Jun 21, 2020 01:19 AM
    In case you can't get a direct SQL connection, here is the equivalent for a connection to the object layer (screenshot from Jaspersoft Studio).  This driver apparently doesn't support 'JOIN' so the joins are done the old-fashioned way :-)
    Alternative SQL for object layer connection

Regards,
    James

Consultant
    IDC Technologies

• 4.  RE: Old CABI Field migration to Jaspersoft BI

Posted Jun 22, 2020 12:46 AM
    ...and taking advantage of the 'attribute alias' fields attached to the alg object, you can reduce that to:
    simpler query
    ... assuming that you want just the latest Log Comment and not the latest Activity Log entry of any type.  Omit the two predicates 'type = 'LOG' if the latter is the case.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    James

Consultant
    IDC Technologies