CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Ca Service Catalog installation / upgrade - Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Posted Jun 04, 2020 07:52 AM
      |   view attached
    Team,
    I'm facing a strange issue while installing (or upgrading) Catalog 17.3.

During the installation, the wizard creates a temporary folder with the executable setup and properties file and runs a silent installation or upgrade of the Catalog. For some reason, this silent installation fails with the following error message.

I get the same result if I try to run the installation command from the command line.

some more notes:
    - CA Service Catalog 17.3, Windows server 2016
    - the same results when we tried to install a different catalog release
    - we run the CA Service Management installer with the local Admin privileges (Run as Administrator)
    - we tried to unpack the DVD and run the installer in the compatibility mode
    - we install Catalog on the new server without any other products, no firewall, no antivirus etc.
    - we successfully installed CA SDM, CA EEM, CA PA in the same environment (different servers)

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking about some permissions or user rights problem, but can't find anything.

I'm also attaching the log file, but there is nothing interesting.

Thank you,
    Jakub

Attachment(s)

log
    install.log   672 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Ca Service Catalog installation / upgrade - Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Posted Jun 09, 2020 09:03 AM
    Team,
    any suggestions?

The problem is definitely connected to the customer's environment, but we can't find the blocker. We even tried to remove the server from AD policies, install the Catalog under the local user Administrator, but nothing helped.

The wizard first installs the Catalog 17.0 and then tries to run the upgrade to the 17.3 (T6D9600). To do this, the wizard creates the temporary folder with the executable which is then silently run (CA_SLCM_r17.3_Setup.exe). 

If I try to run the .exe file with on any of my servers (including the same OS version), everything runs fine. If I try the same on any of the customer's server, I get the error message above.

Any ideas? BR,
    Jakub

• 3.  RE: Ca Service Catalog installation / upgrade - Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2020 11:19 AM
    Unfortunately there's nothing obviously wrong here. What language is the OS set to?

• 4.  RE: Ca Service Catalog installation / upgrade - Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2020 02:22 AM
    Different product, but see if this helps:

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/4459/error-installer-user-interface-mode-not.html

Regards,
    Gordon.

• 5.  RE: Ca Service Catalog installation / upgrade - Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2020 02:46 AM
    Hi Iain,
    thank you so much - you saved me :)

The OS was in English, but some of the settings were in Turkish. I played with the setting for a while and found it. The problem was with the Region format settings - it was set to Turkish, changing to English solved this nightmare. Everything works as expected now.

Strange behavior.

Have a nice day!
    Jakub