CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  TechDocs Link broken

Posted Jan 15, 2020 02:59 AM
    I'm trying to access the Techdocs page for CA Service Management, but it's giving me a 404 by going to:
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3-Customer-Validation.html

I know 17.3 is in beta, maybe it's a mis-configuration of the CA SM landing page ?

• 2.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 03:38 AM

Hi Cristi,

I tried your link using google chome and the page was displayed. May you retry at your earliest convenience?

Regards,

Karen

------------------------------
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Posted Jan 15, 2020 03:52 AM
    Note that I'm not part of the beta program - that might cause this issue. I tried with both Chrome and Firefox and the error is still there (displayed at least since last week).

• 4.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 04:01 AM

OK, seems to be a restriction due to that.  If this an issue for anyone that IS in the beta program, I have not yet heard about it.

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 5.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 08:43 AM
    I'm able to access the link too.

Can someone who is not part of the beta program test the link and let us know the outcome?

http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-3-Customer-Validation.html

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 6.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Posted Jan 15, 2020 07:13 PM
    I get a 404 page not found.

Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 7.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Posted Jan 16, 2020 10:43 AM
    I can reach:  Tech Docs Portal
    but it is when I search for 'CA Service Management' in the product search box that I am taken to the 17.3 Validation documentation page. 

J.W.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

• 8.  RE: TechDocs Link broken
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 03:47 AM
    Hello J.W.

thanks for spotting this, we'll work with the documentation team to get this fixed. 
    In the meantime, to get to the Clarity Service Management documentation please select from the Tech Doc Portal landing space under "CA Enterprise Software" the option "Business Management" and then you should find "CA Service Management"

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Ruth

• 9.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 08:00 AM
    Hi Ruth,

Thank you.

I am from the CA Service Management documentation team. I tried searching for Service Management in the product search box from Techdocs Portal Home page and for me the search works fine and "CA Service Management" shows up. Folks who are part of the customer validation program can only have access to the validation content for 17.3. 

Regards,
    Rajashree

• 10.  RE: TechDocs Link broken

Posted Jan 17, 2020 10:39 AM
    >  I am from the CA Service Management documentation team. I tried searching for Service Management in the product search box from Techdocs Portal Home page and for me the search works fine and "CA Service Management" shows up. Folks who are part of the customer validation program can only have access to the validation content for 17.3.

That doesn't tell much  - I search for Service Management in the product box, the search works fine and when I click on the product, the 404 links shows up. I' m not part of customer validation program, hence no access to that content.

> In the meantime, to get to the Clarity Service Management documentation please select from the Tech Doc Portal landing space under "CA Enterprise Software" the option "Business Management" and then you should find "CA Service Management"

That works fine, thank you Ruth !​