CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Posted Mar 07, 2020 02:28 AM
    Hello Community Members,

Good Day,...!!!!

We were running on 14.1 version of CA SDM and now i'm upgrading the environment from 14.1 to 17.2 in test environment and getting an error like "Creation of CDB failed" and don't know what might be the problem but couple of lines in the logs are shown in the screenshot ,also the error screenshot is attached.

What might be the reason unable to figure out.

Anyone faced the same issues, resolutions will be of great help.... as i do not have much hope with support team because they are not supporting any upgradation cases and closing it saying we are running on end of support hence entitled with Self Assistance...

Thanks & Regards,
    Nadira

• 2.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Posted Mar 07, 2020 09:50 AM
    When you are configuring the upgrade and you are at the Database Configuration screen there is a spot where you enter the Database Admin User, Database Admin Password, and the mdbadmin Password.

Does the sql account you are using for Database Admin User have sa equivalency?

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 3.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 10:49 AM
    Do you see any errors in the install_mdb log file?

Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Posted Mar 11, 2020 04:16 AM
    Hello ,

1.While doing migration from 14.1 to 17.2 , there was no issue with SQL user admin equivalency, mdbadmin user has sa privilages, ServiceDesk is domain user and has admin privilages with it, was no problem with the access...

2. insatll_mdb.log file was showing that one parameter zdevice4 in ddict.sch had double entry because of this the migration was failing.. After raising the case with support, engineer asked me remove the double entry from file dditch.sch and restart the service, stop migration and run pdm_configure for 14.1v .

3. After performing those steps im facing the error with ddictbuild is getting killed every 2 sec and pdm_d_refresh command also not helpfull for this case.

4.One problem is that when ever i modify the ddict.sch file and remove the zdevice4 double entry and restart the services , post that the double entry is reappearing. 
    while running pdm_configure "Update miscellanious data" task is failing , and the logs shows that ddictbuild max resatrts reached and the process died.
    5. Support engineer asked to reboot the server and try pdm_configure and update, post reboot also the same problem.

Issues have piled up... waiting for the update from engnieer...

Any suggestions ...????

Thanks & Regards,
    Nadira Afreen

• 5.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 05:25 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Mar 18, 2020 03:16 PM

Hi Nadira,

I would advise reviewing and following this knowledge article: 

Title: How To remove Custom Tables/Columns/Tirggers without using PDM_WSPUPD

URL: https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=19000

Basically, it seems that there is no entry for the column named zdevice4 in this file: "C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\site\mods\wsp_schema.log".

The way entries get created in that ".log" file is by running pdm_publish. But, as your files are currently out-of-synch, you cannot merely run that tool without first removing all existing entries that refer to zdevice4 from ddict.sch and wsp_schema.sch and any mod files (such as wsp.mods) that may exist under "C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\site\mods\majic".

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 6.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:07 AM
    Hi Karen,

Thank you Soooooo Muchhhhh.........!!!!!!! You are genius.... :) :)

Firstly checked that there was no double entry in wsp_schema.log and the deleted the double entries from wsp.mods, ddict.sch ,wsp_schems.sch, post that restrted the SDM services , ran pdm_configure and things went super cool.... 

Im finally happy as things are normal now and im again planning for migration from SDM 14.1 to 17.2

Last but not the least Karen thanks again....

I'll keep you all posted about the migration errors faced...

Regards,
    Nadira Afreen

• 7.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:20 AM

Hi Nadira,

Thank you for the good news! I'm happy to have been able to help.

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom

• 8.  RE: While upgrading from 14.1 v to 17.2 of CA SDM , i'm facing error as "Creation of CDB failed"...

Posted Mar 16, 2020 01:49 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I have successfully migrated CA SDM 14.1 to 17.2 in test environment without any errors.
    Have to perform the same in Production , having integrated environment checking up the compatibility of CA Spectrum, CA UIM and BOXI.
    Planning to migrate BOXI to JasperReports.

Thank you everyone for the suggetions .......

Thanks & Regards,
    Nadira Afreen